If this is your first back shaver rest assured, you are good hands. As I am the leading authority on back shaving products. Why is that? Well, simply I have bought or obtained just about every back shaver for sale online to review and post on this website. Check out my site I’m not kidding. So, I will list my Top 5 Best Back Shavers of 2021 from my very own experience.
Back shavers have come a long way and believe me when I tell you there is one above all the others (see below).
But rest assured I will introduce you to the best back hair shavers on the market and are a pleasure to use. I will list the top 5 back shavers of 2021 but also break down the five best manual back shavers, the 5 best Electric back shavers and the best razor extension handles.
Table Of Content For 5 Best Back Shavers
- Things To Consider Before Purchasing A Back Shaver
- Common Questions On Owning A Back Shaver
- 5 Best Manual Back Shavers
- 5 Best Electric Back Shavers
- 5 Best Razor Extension Handles
Back Hair Isn’t Sexy
Brad Pitt wouldn’t be sexy with back hair, maybe he would with a shirt on but not with it off. As a matter of fact, having no back is actually sexier than having back hair. It will also increase your self-confidence and the way you hold yourself in public.
Things To Consider Before Purchasing A Back Shaver
I have highlighted a whole page concerning many issues one would face in choosing the right back shaver for oneself on this page, Which Back Shaver Is Right For Me? Different Back Shavers Explained.
This will explain all the positives and negatives of each type of back shaver and get you started on the right foot.
A Curved Long Handle Is Mandatory
You never ever everrrrrrr…want a straight handle for shaving your back. It just doesn’t work unless it is curved. Having a curve really allows you to get to every position on your back. Most of today’s back shaver know this but not all of them do. So make sure it has some sort of curve.
Long Term Cost
Right after the performance of a back shaver, the long-term cost is the second most important factor in determining what type of back shaver you want. It is all up to you the individual.
Basically, there are four types of back shavers
- Cartridges back shavers – Cartridges are put together at a factory and they consist of safety razor blades that are encased in plastic. This is more expensive in the long run and you don’t get to choose what type and brand are used in the cartridge, the manufacture of the cartridge chooses that.
- Safety razor back shavers – This type of back shaver one of the cheapest in the long run, it uses standard double-sided safety razor blades which is considerably less money than replacement cartridges. Double-sided safety razors can be bought in packs of 5 on up to packs of 100. Check out my article on Best Safety Razors For Shaving Your Back.
- Electric back shavers – This uses a trimmer and or foil heads. Please keep in mind the foil head shaver will eventually be needed to be replaced as well.
- Extension handle – This uses a standard beard or leg razor attached to a handle. These types of razors are not the most efficient at handling back hair. They often clog fast with hair and take considerable time to shave a back.
Nicks & Cuts
Some back shavers are sharper than others depending on the double bladed safety razor that is used. Most companies don’t advertise what brand they use.
Moles and skin tags can be a problem for some as these stick up above the skin and are the obvious sources of most nicks and cuts. I really don’t have any moles on my back but have experience cuts from being sloppy of not taking my time when shaving with a fresh razor.
Some good advice would be to slow down around problem areas and avoid moles.
This is something to always consider when buying anything. So, why not a back shaver as well? I have had only 1 back shaver break on me during my years of reviewing back shavers. If you buy a back shaver off of Amazon, Amazon usually allows you to return it in a reasonable time from purchase. If you buy from a website, you might want to check out their warranty before purchase. Be careful of buying from Aliexpress and other such websites as they have different return policies.
Common Questions On Owning A Back Shaver
Does Shaving Your Back Hair Make It Grow Thicker?
Nope, contrary to popular belief this has nothing to do with how often or how fast your hair grows back. So, shave as often as you want it doesn’t make your hair grow any faster or fuller.
How Often Should I Shave My Back?
This is totally dependent on your personal preference. I you prefer having a smooth dolphin skin back and go shirtless a lot I would say every 2 to 3 days. I you want don’t mind having stubble I would say every 2 to 3 weeks.
Is There A Lot Of Maintenance With Back Shavers?
No, other than changing cartridges or razor blades and the occasional cleaning after each use there is little maintenance. A small little brush helps to clean the razor’s blades and teeth and keeps everything neat and clean.
Can I Shave My Own Back?
Hell yeah, you can. This is great for shy do-it-yourself kind of men. You would have to be pretty close to someone to even ask for them to do this. With this relatively new health and hygiene product you can do it all by yourself and I might add do a great job at it too. Granted you buy a good back shaver.(see below)
Wet Or Dry?
Me personally, I like to dry-shave my back. I find it faster just to shave it dry. But others might disagree and I can conceive that point. As I have light back hair, but if you have a carpeted sasquatch beaver pelt for back hair I would maybe consider shaving after a shower or in the shower. This would help soften the back hair and prep the skin for shaving.
You can read more questions and answers like this on my page, Common Questions About Shaving Your Back Answered.
5 Best Manual Back Shavers
Any of the models below get my seal of approval and will remove back hair like nobody’s business. So rest assured these kick butt.
QUICK GUIDE TO TOP BACK SHAVERS CATEGORIES
BEST OVERALL – BAKBLADE 2.0 ELITE PLUS
CLOSEST SHAVE – BRO SHAVER 2.2
BEST CHEAPEST IN THE LONG RUN – BRO SHAVER 2.2
BEST FOR THE EXTREMELY HAIRY BACK – BRO SHAVER 2.2
- My highest-ranked back shaver to date!!!!!
- Close shave.
- Get this and rest assured the best-designed back shaver on the market.
- DRYglide equals zero pain and cuts.
- Long foldable curved handle stores or travels compacted.
- Exfoliator brush.
- Stacked three cartridge indexes with ease when shaving. No additional thought required.
- Best handle!!!
Read my full review here, Bakblade 2.0 Elite Plus Back Shaver Review.
The newest model from BAKblade. The best of the best just step into the room and you better take notice. This is a performer making shaving your back quick and effortless, more so than any other back shaver out there. It is well designed and keeps improving with each update, as there have been three Bakblade releases for back shavers.
Every back shaver from Bakblade has impressed.
- Cheapest back shaver to own and use. Due to this using cheap replaceable double-sided safety razors.
- Options, Options, Options. This puts you in the driver’s seat for choosing what razor blades you want to shave your back with.
- Adjustable shaving head for two settings, mild and Saucy (close) modes. Love this option.
- Replacing razors is fast and easy with nice stainless steel thumbscrews.
- The handle has a nice curve to it and it reaches all areas of the back with ease.
- Great back shaver for the hairiest of men. This is what I would recommend for the full sasquatches out there.
You can read my full review here, Bro Shaver 2.2 Saucy Back Hair Shaver Review.
This is ranked number two in my list because it has a lot of great features and most of all it performs phenomenally. This is men with ultra hairy backs that don’t want to spend a lot of money on cartridge replacements in the future. As this is the cheapest way to shave your back because it uses double sided safety razors instead of cartridges. This leaves you the option of what brand, what kind of cut (mild, sharp, or super sharp), and quantity of blades.
3. BAKblade 2.0
- Handle folds in half for storage or traveling.
- Another great performer from Bakblade.
- Uses DRYglide technology so you can shave your back dry or wet.
- No cuts, no nicks!
- The head detaches and can be used to shave other body parts.
You can read my full review here, Bakblade 2 Review – Best Back Hair Removal For Men?
This ranks up there in the number #3 spot as the best back shaver. This is the slightly older version before the reigning champ the 2.0 Elite Pro (listed above) took over. A great shaver with two rows of cartridges for a faster shave and less irritation. The DRYglide technology is great with no clogging.
The first model from Bakblade to get the foldable handle.
- Bakblade simplest but highly effective design.
- Indexes amazingly.
- The lightest back shaver.
- Feels great in the hand.
- Kicks ass on back hair. Shaves great.
Read my full review of Bakblade 1.0 here, What is Bakblade?
When you pick this on up and use it, it just feels right. Everything is effortless. The weight, how it is balanced, and the indexing when shaving, it just shaves hair naturally. What an amazing first back shaver. I still grab this one when I need to shave my back, and believe me I have a lot of back shavers to choose from.
This only has a single cartridge for shaving but don’t let that fool you, it tears through hair like a raped ape.
You can’t go wrong with this one.
- Another simple and highly effective design.
- Extremely close shave.
- Cheap affordable method for shaving your back.
- Uses replaceable double sided safety razors instead of pricey cartridges.
- Nice long handle.
Read my full review here on the original Bro Shaver here, Bro Shaver Review.
Another great old stalwart like just like Bakblade 1.0. This sucker just kicks ass on back hair and takes names while doing it. Highly sharp and close as shave as you would want. A super great option for the extremely hairy as well as the thrifty man looking to save money in the long run. As this uses cheap replaceable double side safety razors.
This still holds up compared to the newer models, as it is a testament to its design.
5 Best Electric Back Shavers
- Works great for demolishing back hair.
- A great option for men that don’t want a close shave, as you can use the trimmer head to just take off the bulk of the hair.
- Two heads – Trimming head and a Shaving head.
- The handle is super comfortable and folds.
- The wider trimming head is a nice upgrade from previous models.
- 2-year warranty
- Great length and adjustable handle to get all areas of the back.
- Nicks and cuts forget about it. You will not cut yourself with this device.
- As the name implies it uses a lithium battery. Super!
Read the full review here, Mangroomer Lithium Max Plus Back Shaver Review.
Mangroomer’s top of the line back shaver in which years of research and development have been invested and you can tell when you pick this up and use it. I have reviewed many cheap Chinese rip offs of electric back shavers none of them come even close to Mangroomer’s line of products.
This shaver has two heads, a trimming head and a shaving head and is the best electric back shaver out there.
- Two attachment heads that are interchangeable to achieve maximum a hairless back.
- 2 year warranty.
- A very comfortable handle that is highly adjustable.
- Two speed settings – regular and power burst.
- Lithium battery for quick and long lasting charges.
- Foldable handle for out of the way storage as well as storage.
Read my review here, Mangroomer Lithium Max Back Shaver Review.
This is the little brother to the Mangroomer Lithium Max plus (see above). It is built just the same and works just the same except for the trimmer head is smaller. The difference is 13/16″ between the two heads. This has the same quality of build both in the shaving/trimming heads and handle construction.
- Three different shaving heads included Ultra-Wide Blade Head, Blade Head, and a third Foil Blade.
- The comfortable Mangroomer handle.
- Highly adjustable handle with extension and different angles designed to reach all areas of the back.
- Has a Lithium battery for fast charging.
- A Power Burst Button to power through extra thick back hair.
- Folds up nicely for traveling or for just keeping out of the way.
Mangroomer makes amazing products and this is just another amazing back shaver they offer. This has three specific shaving heads to better tackle back foliage. If you want a electric back shaver you have to consider one of the Mangroomer models that they offer.
- Trimmer cuts hair down to 0.2 mm.
- Can be used on more than just your back as the handle can be taken often to address other areas.
- 100% Waterproof.
- The handle is adjustable.
- Has a Lithium battery for a run time of 40 minutes.
Read my full write-up on this shaver here, Remington Back Shaver BHT6455FF Shortcut Pro Body Groomer With Extendable Curved Handle Review.
This is a back hair trimmer and not a shaver. So you will have stubble, but for some people this is what they want. As some people don’t like how the hair itches when it grows back after shaving it. This can be detached from the handle and use on other parts of the body as well. Love seeing the Lithium battery, instead of NiCad battery.
- Shaving and trimming head are all attached and ready to go. No switching out of different heads.
- Lots of attaching combs to get the perfect hair length for other problem areas.
- Self-sharpening Blades.
- Nice comfortable handle.
- It is showerproof.
- Can be used both dry and wet.
- 50 minute run time.
Read more about this here, Philips Norelco Multigroom 3100 Review.
This is a multipurpose trimmer/shaver, with both features fully attached to the head. This means no switching out of different heads or shavers. This comes with 3 different combs that attach to the head to vary the length of hair for other parts of your body. Doesn’t clog with hair no matter how hairy the back.
5 Best Razor Extension Handles
- Full lockdown when attaching a razor as the velcro system when used right allows virtually no movement.
- Extends to a full length (without the razor) to 20.8″. This is a great length and should reach all backs as well as legs.
- Great for people with mobility problems that still want to address hair issues.
- Lightweight and sturdy.
- An oh-so-important lanyard to help to have to pick it up after dropping it.
- Non-slip comfortable handle.
- Great for older people, as the handle is easier to hold.
Read BackShaverForMen full review here, Smooth Reach Long Razor Extension Handle Review.
For a back shaver this will do the job but not as efficiently as the ones mentioned above in this article, where this really shines is for people that need to shave their legs but have mobility issues. This can really help pregnant women, people recovering from surgeries or injures, and/or disabled people with limited mobility.
Once a razor is attached it is not moving, the velcro strap really locks it in. The handle is highly adjustable in length as well as curvature. Best razor extension handle I have reviewed.
- Any razor disposable or reusable will fit on this handle.
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Holds its bent shape and won’t straighten when pressure is applied.
- It will not rust on you, made of stainless steel.
- Made in the USA.
- No movement of the razor when attached when shaving.
- Lifetime guarantee.
Read my review here, Ultraflexx Contour Body Shaving Handle Review.
This is a solid choice for a razor extension handle. This is made from stainless steel and will not rust, so feel free to use it in the shower. Once attached properly there is no extra movement that would hinder shaving with this.
- Great option for people with mobility issues.
- Multipurpose uses, back shaving and leg shaving.
- Great indexing when shaving, needs little thought with getting proper shave.
- Long handle adjust to 20 3/16″ inches long.
- Two shaving head attachments to accommodate just about every razor handle on the market.
Read my full in-depth product breakdown here, Giraffe Razor Extender Handle Review.
Would work for a back shaver in a pinch but expect longer shave times, as you are using a beard razor after all with less shaving area. More designed for shaving legs and by the color of the product for the ladies. Should hold every razor you can throw at it with the two head attachments provided.
- This can be used anywhere.
- Foldable handle.
- This has three blades per razor.
- Great ribbed handle to allow for a secure grip.
- Cheap replaceable blades.
Read my review here of this product, Evolve Body Razor Review.
This is just a long foldable handle body razor, for back, legs or where ever you want to use it. The handle is lockable when fully extended and offers a decent length. My wife has used this and she really liked it for shaving her legs.
- Recommend using the Razorba Goat Wide Disposable Double Razor with this product for back shaving.
- Can fit standard disposable razors or reusable razors.
Read my review of this product here. Razorba Back Hair Shaver Reviews.
I’m not going to lie here, this is one of my least favorite back shaver razor extensions out there. Just not a fan of it, but I needed 5 so it got added, due to other quality products. By default I guess…