What Is The Fresh Yeti Stick Back Shaver?
The Fresh Yeti Stick is an extendable back shaver from the folks over at FreshYeti.com. This has gone under my radar until I just happened to see it on the web, so I ordered it and here we are. I hope to shed some honest light on performance in my review of the Fresh Yeti Stick Back Shaver Review.
This comes under many names on the internet (Fresh Yeti Stick) another name is Xpreen. You can read more of the Xpreen back shaver here, Xpreen Back Shaver Review.
I read a lot of praises on their website but wasn’t all that impressed by what I saw…I guess we’ll see how this performs. Also, check out at the bottom of my page to save a lot of money on this shaver? Really…you need to see it to believe it.
What Is Included?
1 – Fresh Yeti Stick Back Shaver
1 – Shaving Head
1 – Instructions
Fresh Yeti Specs
The foam-padded handle is roughly 11 1/4″ long when fully collapsed and extended to 17 3/4″ inches long when fully extended. You can lock the handle by twisting the handle to the left then unlocking the handle by twisting it to the right.
The handle is completely straight and doesn’t lend itself to helping you shave those hard-to-reach areas on the back. If it wasn’t for the shaving head having a nice 90-degree joint this would be unusable.
The shaving head width comes in at 4 7/8″ inches wide. It has three lined up safety razors side by side for a total shaving width of 4 3/8″ inches. The instructions say the razor blades are high-quality carbon steel blades. For the price of a replacement shaving head, I would hope so that the razor blades are high-quality since I could buy a pack of 100 for a pretty cheap price.
How Does It Perform?
This performs pretty darn well. The blades are sharp, the shaving head is positioned at the correct angle so you don’t have to think about holding the handle differently, this is called indexing. It takes back hair off pretty effortlessly and if you dry shave you can hear it.
For the most part, you can reach most areas of the back with the handle but it would be better with a slight curve to it. I took apart the shaving head to find Dorco stainless safety razors inside, not the most expensive safety razor on the market and they claim high-quality safety razors. Oversell and under-deliver.
Pros & Cons
- Shaves great.
- Comes very neatly packaged and well protected too.
- When razor meets the skin it is soon relieved of its hair. Its razors are sharp.
- Comes with instructions.
- Comfortable padded handle.
- Comes with a leather lanyard.
- You can easily choke up on this handle if needed.
- The handle locking mechanism is hard to use and requires a lot of strength to lock and unlock. Should have information printed on the handle of which way to turn to lock and unlock.
- No replaceable cartridges blades provided. So when it goes dull you will have to order some.
- Uses cartridges that are more expensive than back shavers that allow you to replace the blades yourself instead of buying expensive cartridges.
- Handle when fully extended I had one hell of a time trying to get to collapse to its smaller size.
- The handle should have some sort of a curve to it, as this allows you to get to every angle on the back with ease. This is a straight as an arrow.
- Where the handle meets the elbowed joint at the top of the shaving head it feels weak and could possibly break. I was worried when it wouldn’t collapse that I was going to break it here.
- Indexing is okay.
- Sketchy name weirdness. As I ordered this back shaver off of FreshYeti.com and they call it the Yeti Stick Man Shaver the name on the package says Stretchable Back Shaver. Stretchable it doesn’t stretch, it extends. Okay, this must be one of those cheap Chinese ubiquitous products everyone slaps a different name on it and sells it for huge markups.
Tips On Using This Back Hair Shaver
If you are dead set on getting this back shaver from FreshYeti, get their 12 pack replacement blades you will save about $.75 per replacement shaving head. They offer both a 6-pack and a 12-pack Yeti Stick Shaver Refill Blades.
So, save a little money there but if you want great savings keep reading for another great saving method.
The Final Shave
Simple and performs well…but just doesn’t wow me in any manner or fashion.
The handle is mediocre at best, the safety razors in the shaving head are mediocre, by no means the top of the line in the term of safety razors. The shaving heads are where they are going to make the majority of their money, as safety razors are very cheap but are marked up a lot in the Replacement Shaving Heads.
Does this get me excited about using it?
Despite the hype from their website and elsewhere, I can honestly say this is in the middle of the pack in terms of back shavers I have reviewed. I am the only website that owns and have used just about every back shaver on the current marketplace.
I don’t really recommend this back shaver but I do recommend any of the shavers listed below, as these rank in my top 4 positions.
How To Save BIG Money On The Yeti Stick!!!
You can buy the Yeti Stick for $29.97 at FreshYeti.com or…buy it for a substantially lower price at AliExpress.com.
Trust me it is the same back shaver. It is even advertised as Adjustable Stretchable (The same as the box I received from FreshYeti.com had the same name printed on it). Prices vary at AliExpress but they are a lot cheaper, from under $3.00 to the highest of $20.27 at the time of me writing this. There are a ton of them sold by many different stores on AliExpress.
Just watch the shipping costs, as they might be higher depending on which seller you decide to get. Look for free shipping and 3 replaceable shaving cartridges with the back shaver. Click the button below to see the search results for the same exact back shaver as the Yeti.
If you have any questions or comments would love to hear them.