How Well Does This Work? – Gillette Intimate Pubic Hair Trimmer Review
Today in this Gillette Intimate Pubic Hair Trimmer Review. I will be taking this product around the block for a spin to determine if it is worth your money. I do have a lot of experience reviewing groin hair trimmers, as this is roughly around my 23rd review. So, this isn’t my first rodeo, and I’ve been reviewing grooming products since 2017.
Let’s get into it…
I am not affiliated with Gillette. I am affiliated with Amazon and will post affiliate links to Amazon within this review. I will earn a commission from these links. This is how I keep this website up and running and bringing you honest reviews. I purchased this trimmer with my own money.
What Is Gillette’s Intimate Pubic Hair Trimmer?
Even though the name on the box is Gilette, this is a Braun device. All of these brand names fall under the larger umbrella of Proctor & Gamble.
This rechargeable cordless trimmer was designed and marketed as a pubic hair trimmer. However, it can also be used on your beard or as a body hair trimmer. This is also waterproof and can be used in the shower. This comes with two guide combs to be more versatile.
What Is Included With Purchase?
1 – Gillette Intimate Pubic Hair Trimmer
1 – Recharging cord
1 – Storage Bag
1 – 3-11mm Adjustable Comb
1 – Sensitive Comb (1mm)
1 – Manual/Instructions Booklet
With no guide combs attached, this measures 6 3/8″ long. The blade is 1 5/16″ inches wide.
The more giant Adjustable Comb has five settings (3mm, 5mm, 7mm, 9mm, 11mm), and the Sensitive Comb is 1mm.
The blade on this is stainless steel, and Gillette claims it never needs sharpening.
The battery is a lithium-ion battery that provides 100 minutes of run time on a full charge. It takes one hour to charge the battery fully.
How Well Does This Work? Is It Worth Getting? My Experience
Let’s get right into it. Would I recommend this product over other groin trimmers?
Overall, it does its job. But I am left feeling like I have used better groin trimmers. The big guide comb should only be used for body hair and not the scrotum. This isn’t the worst ball trimmer I’ve used (Manscaped 4.0), but it isn’t the best (Meridian Trimmer Plus). This falls in the middle of those two.
When I used the bigger Adjustable Comb attached to the trimmer, it was better suited to trim the larger areas around the pubic bone or other body hair (legs, chest, beard, or arms). I didn’t enjoy using it on my scrotum as I struggled to trim hair efficiently. So, I switched to the Sensitive Comb (1mm). This was better, and I could trim the hair in harder-to-reach areas more easily.
The bigger adjustable comb is useless at trimming hair on the old nut sack. I prefer using the sensitive comb or forgoing any of the combs and going barebones (no guide comb). This is more likely to nick yourself, but I am experienced at doing this. The large adjustable comb works quite well at trimming body hair—areas like the chest, legs, arms, and stomach.
The motor is pretty quiet, and it runs smoothly.
When using the 1mm guide comb it left higher stubble than I prefer. So, it didn’t trim as close as I preferred. So I switched to no guide comb. I prefer no guide comb.
Will this nick you if you don’t use any guide combs?
I don’t really like row blade length, I prefer a wider 1 1/2″ blade. Most modern ball trimmers also have an LED light to help eliminate the situation. I initially thought an LED light was a gimmick, but after using it, I prefer it, and I think Gillette missed the boat on not adding it.
Yes. I nicked myself a couple of times, even with paying close attention to technique. Any groin trimmer can potentially nick you.
This is an average ball trimmer. It is missing some of the modern features of better-designed ball trimmers. This will trim hair effectively, but I just miss other features I am used to.
Pros & Cons
- One hour charge time. It should take around 1 hour to get to full charge.
- According to Gillette, the blade never needs sharpening. So they don’t offer a replacement blade to buy.
- 100% Nick Protection with guide combs. Using any of the two guide combs provided, I experience zero nicks and cuts.
- Great battery! This is a Li-Ion battery, and a full battery should give you 100 minutes of runtime.
- Dermatologist tested.
- Charging indicator lights to let you know how much battery life you have. Blinking green=Charging, Solid Green=Full Battery, Red=Battery Low.
- I like how they provide information inside the instruction manual on where to send your product to get it serviced if you have any problems. You don’t normally see this.
- 100 Day Money Back satisfaction guarantee.
- 2-year limited warranty.
- The handle is comfortable and secure.
- Dimpling on the handle to help secure your grip.
- Easy and fast to switch guide combs.
- The motor is generally quiet in operation.
- The power button is optimally placed and recessed to avoid accidentally turning it on and off.
- It can function as a beard trimmer or a body hair trimmer, too, and not just a ball trimmer.
- This is a lightweight trimmer and is very wieldy.
- The average price for a quality groin trimmer.
- The power cord is all one piece. I miss this, as most other trimmers use a separate wall wart with a USB cord. There is less to keep track of or worry about all the parts being plugged in correctly.
- It should come with some lubricating oil supplied to keep it running optimally.
- The battery is dead upon arrival, and you have to charge it for around 1 hour.
- The narrow blade width is 1 5/16″ wide, I am used to using a 1 1/2′ blade, which I actually prefer as you can cover more area faster and also better protection against nicks.
- The 1mm guide comb didn’t trim as close to the skin as I wanted. This is a personal preference, I must admit.
- I hated using the Large Guide Comb on my groin area. It was awkward and not result-producing. Works excellent in other areas, though.
- No LED light. Most modern ball trimmers have an LED light to better help illuminate.
How Does This Compare To Other Groin Trimmers I’ve Reviewed?
As mentioned above, this falls in the middle when I compare this to all of the groin trimmers I have reviewed and used. There are better and worse ball trimmers.
If you are looking for better recommendations, I highly suggest looking at my round-up post, Best Ball Trimmer In 2023 – That Won’t Nick Your Junk.
The Final Shave On Gillette Intimate Pubic Hair Trimmer Review
This is a decent ball trimmer/body hair trimmer. Is it the best? No. Is it the worst? No.
It performs its job on average. It does an excellent job of protecting the skin against nicks and cuts. It has a decent motor that is quiet. I wouldn’t say I like the large adjustable guide comb for groin trimming. Use the 1mm guide comb for more protection, or use no guide comb.
Basically, it is just a basic ball trimmer with nothing special. It’s just average.
Any comments or questions are always welcome below.