Looking For A More Hygenic Body Scrubber For The Shower? This Might Be It!!!
In this Manscaped The Body Buffer Review, I will help you determine if this product is right for you by providing my experience and helpful insights. I’ve been using many different types of shower scrubbers/exfoliators lately and can share my thoughts.
Let’s get to it…scrub-a-Dub-Dub
I am not an affiliate of Manscaped, but Manscaped sponsors this page. I purchased this body buffer with my own money to review this product. I am affiliated with Amazon and will post links below that I will earn commission on.
Table of Contents
What Is Manscaped The Body Buffer?
This Manscaped’s premium body scrubber is made out of food-grade silicone. On one side, it has hundreds of tiny silicone bristles tightly packed together. On the other, it has an ergonomic no-slip handle. This also has a single hanging notch for storage.
What Is Included With Purchase?
1 – Manscaped The Body Buffer
Where On Your Body Can You Use This?
This can be used anywhere on the body where you feel comfortable using it. This is gentle and forgiving and can even be used on the face.
My Experience Using This & Is It Worth Getting?
This fits nicely in your hand and generally covers your palm. The silicone is very soft, and the bristles are soft, too. Even though it is soft, it still provides a light exfoliant experience and helps to remove dirt and grim.
I like the ability to cover my whole body as some rougher scrubber, but I don’t recommend using it on sensitive areas. With the Manscaped, this isn’t a problem as I use it on my face and beard, and I like this feature.
Using a body wash is highly recommended. You can get a better lather than using a bar of soap. I struggled with getting a lather from multiple different brands of soap. Nothing worked. So, if you are a bar of soap kind of person, I wouldn’t recommend it.
I got great lather and suds when using a body wash.
Pros & Cons
- This works exceptionally well with a body wash. It helps to accentuate the rich lather from body washes.
- It provides a relaxing and comforting feeling when using it.
- It is made from food-grade antibacterial silicone.
- It does an excellent job of helping to remove hard to remove dirt and grim. It’s much better than using soap alone.
- This is a much softer exfoliator than other scrubbers/exfoliators I’ve used. This would be great for people with sensitive skin or prefer a gentler exfoliator.
- The No-Slip Handle does an excellent job of securing your grip. It keeps you from dropping it…in the shower.
- The texture on the back of this buffer also helps to secure your grip.
- Dries super fast. Every time I went to pick it up to use it, it was completely dry.
- Does not develop a funky smell.
- Easy to keep clean. Run under the shower or spigot for a few seconds, and you are done.
- Solid one-piece construction, so there is nothing to break or to fall apart. Should provide years of service.
- Very travel-friendly! Fits wonderfully in a Dopp kit due to its compact size.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- As a company, Manscaped is constantly improving and redesigning its product line. This shows to me that they are passionate about their business. I have blasted Manscaped for a few of their products, but this is a solid product.
- For some bars of soap, it is hard to transfer enough soap to this body buffer. It seemed to me I had to keep reapplying the soap to get it to lather. It seems to work better with body washes. I would avoid this product if you don’t use a body wash in the shower.
- On the pricer side of scrubbers.
- It doesn’t reach the back, so you might need an additional shower tool (back scrubber or shower towel).
- I don’t have any hooks in my shower. So, I have a hard time finding a spot for it.
- It might not be aggressive enough for some people. (me included)
What Is A Good Body Wash To Use With This?
I am new on the body wash scene, as I am habituated to using a bar of soap. But I have started just recently using and reviewing various body washes. Surprisingly, I enjoy the benefits of using a quality body wash.
Manscaped Body Wash – They offer two different scents, Refined and Persevere—both smell of quality, light, and clean. These suds very well and even have an exfoliant added to them. I enjoyed using this product. Read more here: Manscaped Body Wash Review.
Happy Nuts Body + Nut Body Wash – Happy Nuts also has two scents: Big Wood and Sea Man. This is also a quality body wash with incredible scents. This leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. Read more here: Happy Nuts Body & Nut Wash Review.
How Does This Compare To Other Scrubbers I Have Used?
I prefer a rougher, more gritty exfoliator. It is all about personal preference. You might prefer a milder exfoliator, and the Manscaped The Body Buffer would be right up your alley. However, since it is gentler, you can use it more freely on sensitive areas like your face. With rougher scrubbers, you must avoid the face and other sensitive areas.
I will recommend a couple of alternatives with a short description.
- Salux – This is my favorite!!! I love & prefer the rougher feel of what I believe is the best texture in the Japanese shower towel market. It is my go-to. Plus, it is long, and you can scrub your back, too. These are popular. Read more here: Salux Washcloth Review.
- Happy Nuts Body + Nut Scrubber – This is a similar scrubber to the Manscaped but slightly bigger but with the same texture and design. Read more here: Happy Nuts Body + Nut Scrubber Review.
The Final Thoughts On Manscaped The Body Buffer Review
If you are looking for a body scrubber that generates more lather and provides a gentler exfoliating experience…then this Manscaped The Body Buffer should be on your want list. It is quality made that should survive many years of service. But most importantly, it will help you achieve a cleaner body and appearance.
I would avoid it if you don’t want to use a body wash, as I found out using bar soap is not optimal.
I highly recommend Manscaped The Body Buffer!!!
Any questions or comments are always welcome.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.