Move Over Loofah Here Is A Better Washcloth?
Today, in this Salux Washcloth review, I am super excited about reviewing this product as I have been told multiple times I should review this product. This is truly a game-changer for the shower! This is a Japanese grooming product that has made its way over to the States, and for people who are in the know, this is a must-have.
Let’s get into why this is a must-have grooming tool in this Salux Washcloth Review.
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon products. If you click on these links and make a purchase. Back Shaver For Men may earn a small commission.
Table of Contents
What Is Salux? Different Colors & Numbers Explained
Salux is a synthetic cloth material that is made from 60% nylon and 40% polyester. The magic of this product is mostly in the patented texture that exfoliates the skin and feels amazing. Soap: The Salux measures 38″ inches long and 11 1/2 inches wide. I am 6’2″, and I can easily scrub my whole back with this.
Basically, Salux is a long towel that has an exfoliating texture to clean the whole body. You wet the towel, then apply either bar or liquid soap to the center of the towel, then scrub with it for an amazing clean.
I purchased a three-pack off of Amazon because I wanted my wife to try it, too, as she often uses loofah in the shower. Plus, the three-pack is a much better deal than buying a single Salux or two for that matter.
What Do The Different Colors & Numbers Mean?
Actually, the different colors and numbers don’t mean that much. There are basically three different sets of numbers Salux uses. They are #100, #200, and #300, and they are located on the front top of the package. These numbers refer to the color group and have nothing to do with different textures.
No. 100 is the classic blue, yellow, and pink.
No. 200 is white.
No. 300 is the pastel group of green, peach, and powder blue.
There is also the Salux Super Hard, which is 4 inches longer than the regular Salux towel. This has a much thicker weave and has more texture but also a more luxurious feel to it.
How Big Are These Washcloths?
I measured one, and I got 37 inches long and 11 1/2 inches wide. I see other dimensions online saying they are 35 inches long by 11. So, there might be slight size differences. I am a tall guy, and this allows me to wash my entire back comfortably.
How To Use Salux
This Japanese washcloth is used with soap and water. Wet it and place your choice of soap, bar, or liquid in the center, and massage it into a luxurious lather. It can also be used without soap and water for dry brushing. No need to rub hard; let the cloth do its work. The patented Salux cloth is easy to incorporate into your skincare routine.
How Well Does It Work? Worth Getting?
This works amazing! The texture is just perfect in that it isn’t too hard or too soft. It leaves you feeling very clean and refreshed after using it. Removing dirt and old skin cells also invigorates you in the process. The lather you get when soap is applied is divine. The exfoliating texture really also helps the soap to lather to the next level.
It works very well and is easy to care for, too. See below for care instructions.
There are so many benefits to using this towel, and it is worth getting. And I highly recommend this product!
How Does It Compare To Other Similiar Products?
I have to say this is my favorite new shower towel. I have used and reviewed two other similar products, the Goshi Exfoliating Shower Towel and the Daiso Body Towel. Along with other various shower accessories like a sponge, loofah, natural loofah, etc the Salux is my new favorite shower towel.
Why is this? Well, the Goshi Towel is a close second to the Salux, but the texture is just perfect with the Salux towel. It simply just scrubs effortlessly and feels the best.
Pros & Cons
- It helps prolong the use of a bar of soap or liquid soap by applying it to the material, but you must keep the Salux out of the direct stream of water.
- The best amazing texture!!! For me personally, this has just the right texture, not too hard, not too soft, but just right.
- It makes you feel clean and fresh after using it.
- SUPER LATHER!!! Soap easily lathers up, and soon, you are covered in a mass of small bubbles. Amazing!
- Great exfoliator. If you are used to regular washcloths or loofahs, this blows those antiquated products literally out of the water. Get this and be amazed.
- This completely dries really fast for your next shower, unlike a typical washcloth, which can harbor funky smells and mildew if not properly dried before your next shower.
- Great for people with skin conditions.
- They are pretty cheap to purchase, and they last a long time, too.
- Long enough to easily scrub your entire back clean.
- It can be washed in the washing machine but needs to be hung to dry. Do not put it in the dryer.
- It can help with acne problems as this Salux product does a great job of exfoliating skin. Which can help remove dead skin cells, dirt, and oil that often block pores.
- Make great gifts or stocking stuffers, too!
- You can buy these singly or in various pack sizes.
- Different colors make multiple family members distinguish what Salux is their towel.
- A little simple maintenance is required after using it; just simply wash out the soap completely and hang it to dry.
- Believe it or not, there are counterfeits of this product out there. I’ve tried other similar brands, but this one is the best, hands down. Get the Salux brand, and thank me later. Make sure it says made in Japan. eBay is full of counterfeit products, and I would avoid buying these on eBay. I would purchase from Amazon. The counterfeits are nowhere near as good as the Salux.
Tips On Using It
I know this is a simple device, but there are some common sense areas that might need to be addressed to benefit your experience using this product. As well as some
How To Clean It
Clean-up is a snap.
I often just rinse all the soap out of the Salux when I am done scrubbing myself; I then simply hang it over the shower spigot to dry. I have never reached for this, and it is still wet—these dry so fast.
The manufacturer also says you can put it in the washing machine but not in the dryer if you feel the need.
Are You Looking For A Better Soap? Two Of My Favorites Soaps
If you are looking for a new soap to try, I highly recommend you check out these two soaps.
Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Soap is one of my favorite bars of soap out there. It is specifically designed for men. Their other soaps are great, too! Read more about it in my post, Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Soap Review.
The Final Thoughts On Salux Washcloth Review
I had originally thought I had found the perfect shower towel (Daiso), but I was wrong. I found an even better one in this Salux Japanese Washcloth. I had a couple of people tell me to try this, and I wasn’t so sure it was going to be better, but boy, was I wrong.
This is a great towel, washcloth, exfoliator, or whatever you want to call it. It works amazingly well, is super easy to use and care for, and should last a long time.
I highly recommend you check this out and be amazed at how well it works. Get It!!!
Any comments or questions are always welcome.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.