The Three P’s
Pete, Pedro, and Putty. This is Pete & Pedro Putty Review where I will be going over this hair product to help you determine if it is right for you. I have reviewed a few of P&P products in the past and their product lines always impress. So, let’s see if the putty holds up too.
I am a hair product nut and have an extensive amount of pomades, clays, and creams for hair so I am always happy to try out some new hair products. I can’t wait to see how this shapes up.
I am an affiliate of Pete & Pedro and I did reach out to them to ask for some products to sample and they sent me a 2-ounce bottle of their Putty which to review here. I strive to bring honesty and point out positive features as well as negative features of products to help determine if it’s worth buying for you the consumer.
Water/Aqua/Eau, VP/VA Copolymer, Lanolin Wax, Tribehenin, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Beeswax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Triethanolamine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methyl Gluceth-20, Propylene Glycol, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance/Parfum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone, Linalool, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional
Hold: Medium/Firm but Flexible
Best For Medium to Short hairstyles.
So, how does this smell?
Pete & Pedro describe this scent as a cool ocean breeze while sitting in a new car that is filled with uber-fresh laundry.
What I would add to this scent profile by adding to it by saying, there is a tree that is blooming nearby and it is carried on the cool ocean breeze while sitting in a new car that is filled with fresh laundry.
This to me is very pleasant and fresh. I don’t see anybody being repulsed by this. The scent as it is light but present.
How Well Does It Work? Worth It? My Opinion
My hair is pretty unwieldy as I often suffer from flyaways and dryness but this Putty makes my hair softer and controls adequately the flyaways. The hold is of course medium so it is not totally lockdown but for those days I feel like having a more natural hair look and the flexibility to run my hands through my hair to adjust its look.
I have several similar hair products to the Pete & Pedro Putty and this performs just as well in comparison to those other products. Products vary so much in little ways by the ingredients used and how it is prepared.
I am very happy with this product for what it is designed to do and it does not go outside of its wheelhouse. I highly recommend checking out and giving it a try. They also have a cheaper trial size which is a nice way to experiment without paying more money.
Pros & Cons
- Pleasant fresh scent.
- Easy to scoop and spread in the hands.
- Comes in three size options a .5oz., 2oz., or 4oz.
- The .5 oz trial size is great if you just want to try this on the cheap.
- They also have a subscription service as well if you are interested in that and that also comes with free shipping.
- The hold is medium but also allows the hair to move with flexibility.
- No crunchiness or greasiness.
- Washing out of hair super easily. This is because it is water soluble and leaves no residue.
- Softens the hair. My hair is often dry and brittle and this leaves my hair softer and with more moisture.
- Emulsifies pretty easily into your hands making the application simple.
- Not a lot of natural ingredients are used from what I see but I am not a chemist either.
Other Hair Products Maybe Worth Looking At
Some of my favorite hair products are in the medium hold range which leaves your hair soft and moveable. I will list some of them below.
- Templeton Tonics Compass – Not currently available for purchase but the owner swears he is bringing it back sometime. I can’t wait. Their other hair products kick butt too.
- Jonathan Dirt Texturizing Paste now called Dirt Paste – Unfortunately, this product is not for sale anymore but its original formula was fantastic. Their newer formulation is okay.
- Lockhart’s Matte Clay – This is a high-hold clay but also one of my favorite hair products. Read my full review here, Lockhart’s Matte Clay Review.
If you know of any great products similar to this please let me know below in the comments section.
Pete & Pedro Other Hair Products
If this is not the hold or shine or the exact hair product you are looking for Pete & Pedro has a whole gambit of hair products that would surely please. I will list some of their products below. Each of these products has its own hold strength along with its own level of shine.
- Pete & Pedro Hair Styling Clay
- Pete & Pedro Hair Styling Paste
- Pete & Pedro Hair Styling Cream
- Pete & Pedro Hair Styling Pomade
- Pete & Pedro Sea Salt Spray
Use the Promo Code DNAGEL10 to save 10% off all purchases at Pete & Pedro.
The Final Shave
If you are looking for a hair product with very little shine and with medium control that doesn’t leave your hair crunchy the Pete & Pedro Putty might just be your product. I love products that leave my hair soft but still manageable and thankfully this Putty does do that.
As a consumer of hair products and I have a lot various different products and brands you are always on the search for that perfect product. This comes close to being damn near perfect in my eyes.
Pete & Pedro Putty does everything it claims and smells pretty decent. A great hair product to at least tryout or use every day.