When first looking for a back shaver, most men think, do they work?
The answer is yes! For the most part, there are quite a few back shavers I would avoid buying, and I will list how to avoid these below. But a good back shaver will certainly shave your back with ease, so rest assured.
Then, upon searching, they see many different kinds of back shavers and wonder, which back shaver is right for me?
In this post, I hope to shed some light and, hopefully, most importantly, be helpful and explain and offer my insights on back shavers as I am the self-proclaimed world’s foremost authority on back shaving. Hah! Having used quite a few back shavers (60+) and written reviews on them, I have developed a unique opinion on the matter.
Why Trust Me?
I have been reviewing back shavers since 2017. I have been using back shavers for roughly 20 years. I have reviewed 99% of the back shavers on the market. I post unique pictures showing you I own the product and not just writing about the subject. Other websites lie about this subject. I’ve looked and they never post unique pictures and recommend the worst back shavers.
Table of Contents
The 3 Types Of Back Shavers
Basically, there are three types of back shavers on the market. They are Cartridge back shavers, replaceable safety razor blades back shavers, and electric back shavers.
- Electric Back Shavers
- Replaceable Cartridge Manual Back Shavers
- Replaceable Safety Razor Blades, Manual Back Shavers
All three types of back shavers have their pluses and minuses, and these need to be properly considered in order to determine your back hair removal system.
This is just a general overview of the basic positives and negatives of the different shaving devices. With that being said, each and every back shaver is different and doesn’t necessarily perform the same. For specifics, you need to check out their individual reviews.
The Good & The Bad Of Electric Back Shavers
This type of back shaver is usually the most expensive as it has more moving and operating parts than, for example, a blade on a stick. More parts come with a higher price tag. This is understandable and acceptable for what is provided, as beard electric shavers are generally known to cost more than disposable head shavers. The same goes for the back for shavers.
- No changing razor blades or cartridges. Just flip the button, and you’re off to buzzing off back hair.
- Absolutely zero cuts and zero nicks using an electric back shaver.
- This is an excellent option if you have a lot of moles, skin tags, scars, or acne. Because it is not recommended to use a razor type of back shaver to shave these areas. You have to avoid shaving these areas.
- Cost more.
- They increased shaving time. A smaller shaving head increases your shave time. Some electric shavers have two replaceable heads, one a trimming head and the other a shaving head, usually a foil-type shaver. So, this will double your time to rid yourself of back hair.
- Reliant on a power source, as having to charge the device.
- The shave is not as close to a razor system.
- Battery life will eventually die, and you cannot charge it. I don’t know how long this takes, though.
The Good And The Bad Of Replaceable Cartridges Back Shavers
The main deal with cartridges for back shavers is they are expensive. Considering that they are just some plastic and some fairly cheap safety razor blades. The markup is way more expensive than replaceable safety razor back shavers.
The replacement cartridges can get expensive, but the ease of use is the best. I typically get about six shaves before having to replace the cartridge due to it getting dull.
- The easiest and quickest of replacing razors. Just simply slide in a new cartridge, no unscrewing anything, and carefully place the razors into place.
- Provides an excellent close shave.
- Gives you the quickest, fastest shave.
- No power source is needed.
- This is the way to go if you want an easy-to-use system with little thought or effort.
- Replacement cartridges are expensive. Huge markups!
- You are stuck with what the manufacturer used for the brand of safety razor they put into the cartridge. This can be good or bad for the user, as there are plenty of different brands of safety razors out there. Hundreds of different brands of safety razors. They also have different levels of sharpness. Oftentimes, you will never know what brand is in a replaceable cartridge.
Back Shavers To Avoid
I have written a post here, Back Shaver’s You Should Avoid Buying. I list certain back shavers and give general guidelines to look out for.
The Good And The Bad Of Replaceable Safety Razors Blades Back Shavers
If you are frugal, this is for you, bro. Look no further.
After years of back shaving, this is my preferred back shaver type. I love being able to use the safety razor of my choice. This also gives the closest shave. Plus it is the cheapest…I mean, come on…it hits all the right spots for me personally.
Get a replaceable razor back shaver and a pack of safety razors, and you will be good for a long time.
- It is the cheapest method of replacing dull blades, hands down.
- The ability to buy and put whatever brand of safety razor in your back shaver. There are a ton of different brands of blades, as well as different levels of sharpness. Options! Options! Options!
- The closest shave out of all the other back shavers partially because of the reason above this one.
- Changing blades is mildly troublesome in the mildest sense.
Knowledge Is Power
If you want my advice on what back shaver to buy after reading this post, I will recommend one of each type. I will provide links to each review below.
These get my stamp of approval.
Best Electric Back Shaver
Best Cartridge Back Shaver
Bakblade 2.0 Elite Plus Back Shaver – My highest-ranked back shaver to date! I recommend this overall.
Best Replaceable Safety Razor Back Shaver
Bro Shaver 2.2 Saucy
Final Thoughts On Which Back Shaver Is Right For Me
Hopefully, I have fully explained which back shaver or back trimmer is right for you. I have at least presented the best products in each category through actually using the product.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.