Dr. Pedi Is The Weirdest Name For A Back Shaver
Today will be a unique review, as I have purchased this product twice under different names and also written reviews on those purchases. The reason for this is, this particular back shaver has many different names and can be purchased under those names but is the same product. Many companies just rebrand it under different names then sell them, some cheaper than others. (more on that later) With that said, I will be highlighting and reviewing this in this post, Dr. Pedi Back Shaver Review.
Let get going and see how well this works…
What Is Included?
1 – Dr. Pedi Back Shaver Handle
1 – Shaving Head
1 – Set of Instructions
Specs On Dr. Pedi
This has an adjustable handle that when in the shortest position comes in at 11 1/4 inches long and when fully extended expanded to 17 3/4 inches long. When pulled to full length it automatically locks in place.
The handle is foam padded and offers a decent comfortable grip. The handle is straight, more on that later.
The shaving head is detachable from the handle. There are three safety razors installed within the shaving head and the width is 4 3/8 inches wide.
How The Heck Does This Perform?
Right off the bat, this thing does a pretty decent job of back shaving. The razors easily handle back hair and quickly shave it off. It offers a wide single row or three razors that work adequately. I would rank this in the middle top of the back shavers I have reviewed as far as shaving. So it does shave pretty well.
Where I don’t like this back shaver is in the handle, as it is straight and not really designed to adequately shave all areas of the back. With a slightly curved handle, it would be much easier to shave with.
Another area of concern for me is the flimsy elbow joint where the shaving head and handle meet. This seems to me as a weak point and a potential for breaking in the future.
Pros & Cons
- Good price! This model of this ubiquitous back shaver comes in at lot cheaper price than some same exact models of back shavers under different names and this makes it a real plus if you want a cheaper back shaver (Fresh Yeti, I am referring too, as it is the highest priced.)
- A good decent back shaver as far as performance is concerned.
- Foamed handle is very comfortable.
- A leather lanyard is attached to the bottom of the handle.
- Easy to collopse and store away or travel with.
- Hard to find replacement shaving heads. Couldn’t find any replacement blades on Amazon under Dr. Pedi but I know you can them on Aliexpress and Fresh Yeti.
- Many people sell this under various names.
- Very small lanyard that doesn’t fit around my big hands rendering it useless to me.
- Hard and tricky to unlock fully extended handle.
Tips On Using The Dr. Pedi
There are many places to find and purchase this back shaver on the internet. I will list them below as well as a general price breakdown.
- Amazon – Decently priced.
- Aliexpress – Very cheap, the cheapest you will find anywhere. Goes under the name of stretchable back shaver.
- Fresh Yeti – The most expensive by far.
The Final Shave
As always, you get what you pay for in the end. This is a decent back shaver but in no way does it “wow” me. So, it fits nicely in its price range, as long as you get it for a good price and avoid the expensive ones.
Want the best back shaver then check out my page, 5 Best Back Shavers In 2021.