What Is The Bakblade 2.0 Elite Plus?
Excuse me…hairy men beast, excuse me…The Best Back Shaver in the World coming through here. In this BaKblade 2.0 Elite Plus bach shaver review, I hope to explain and show why this thing just rocks!
Needless to say, I am pretty impressed with this BaKblade, come to think of it I’ve been impressed with all of their back shavers over the years of reviewing back shavers. You can check out my other review of BaKbalde back shavers here. They are all great back shavers.
BaKblade Makes Great Products
What Is Included?
1 – Ergonomic handle and Shaving Head
1 – 3 attached DRYGlide Blade Cartridges
1 – 3 extra DRYGlide Blade Cartridge
1 – Back Exfoliating Brush (detachable)
1 – Cleaning Brush
1 – Suction Cup Mount for hanging
1 – Set of instructions
Bakblade 2.0 Specs
The length of this handle full extended is 17 3/4″ inches long. I got about 9 3/8″ inches in length when collapsed for traveling or storage.
The handle has gone through some changes since I last reviewed it. The S-handle shape has been replaced by a simpler handle. It still has some bend to it, which is highly needed for reaching all areas of the back.
The shaving head is 3 3/4″ wide at its widest. The shaving width having the equivalent of two safety razors side by side at a 3″ inch shaving swath.
This newest model has 3 DRYglide Blade Cartridges strategically stacked on top of each other to provide the best best back shaving experiences you can currently buy on the market.
How Does It Perform?
I was expecting it to perform on the same level as past models (which was GREAT btw) but no, it actually performed better!!
I know I was shocked and surprised.
So, my highest ranked shaver (BaKblade 2.0), this shaves better? Yeppers!
The combination of the extra DRYGlide Blade Cartridge (3 cartridges instead of the last model 2 cartridges) and maybe the slight redesign of the angle(s) get this thing a cutting better than their previous models and keep in mind their previous model was the best rated back shaver I have reviewed.
So how is that, for how good this current 2.0 Elite Plus works?
Hair comes off effortlessly with a stroke of the handle. Leaving the skin free of ugly unsightly back hair. Shaving time is reduced as well, as the extra cartridge leaves you not having to go over an area a bunch of times to make sure every hair is gone.
Pros & Cons
- THE BEST Handle in the back shaving game. Tina Turner’s “Simply The Best” comes to the forefront of my mind!!! So comfortable and easy to reach anywhere.
- A super close shave!!!
- The amount of careful thought and engineering put into this back shaver is apparent as soon as you pick it up. I’ve picked up just about every back shaver out there and trust me this is the best engineered one out there.
- Collapsible handle for easy storage and traveling.
- Shave time is cut down as you need to go over body parts less with a third DRYGlide Blade cartridge.
- Cartridge changing is simple. Just slide to the left to remove and slide to the right to replace.
- Suction cup and hanger supplied for hanging in the shower if you shave your back in the shower.
- Forgiving cartridges for moles. This didn’t cut me on my one mole, FYI.
- I have been reviewing a lot of cheap China-made back shavers and I can tell you this, BaKblade is not cheap China-made junk. It uses the best materials and design. Only the best plastics are used.
- No clogging of hair.
- Can be used for both wet and dry shaving.
- I love when instructions are included with back shavers, as a lot of men have never shaved their backs before and this helps them past their first back shaving experience.
- The handle length has gotten longer since the older 2.0, which I find is better.
- No cuts or nicks after shaving my back.
- Everything has its negatives and the Elite 2.0 Plus is no exception, with any back shaver that uses cartridges there is going to be an issue with the cost of replacing those cartridges, as compared to just replacing the safety razor blades. As some models of back shavers use safety razor blades, for those that don’t know safety razor blades are pretty darn cheap, depending on the brand. By using a back shaver that uses cartridges you are going to be paying more for replacement cartridges than just buying bulk safety razor blades.
- You’re dependent on BaKblade for choosing the supplied safety razor blades in their cartridges. There are options for safety razor blades like extremely sharp, sharp, and mild. I think BaKblade makes a good choice on the razor supplied but for some, maybe it will be a problem.
- Not a big fan of the exfoliating scrub brush, but I can see it used in the shower for people that shave in the shower.
Tips On This Back Shaver
GET IT! I fully and highly recommend and support this product and is the best back shaver on the market. Quality product all around and rock-solid performance.
That being said it might not be for everybody. For the frugal at heart in the long run they might be turned away by the cost of replacement cartridges.
How many shaves will I get with the cartridges?
I typically get about 5 to 6 shaves before I notice the blades are getting dull, this is highly subjective to the individual. As some people back hair is thicker.
I like shaving my back dry. I don’t like doing it in the shower, just my personal preference I guess.
You should have no problem with this back shaver.
If you don’t have a Travel Bag, also called a Dopp kit or toiletry bag, I highly recommend getting one, BaKblade makes a nice one and for a good price to match. The Elite 2.0 Plus fit easily within it too.
The Final Shave
Matt Dryfhout (owner) over at BaKblade is constantly pushing improvements and never stagnating on his products. He just keeps improving his products year after year, earning a solid reputation for quality products.
Also, setting the standard very high and just impressing me with every product released.
This is the best shaver I have reviewed to date currently and I highly recommend it. There are a few negatives but nothing is perfect, but this is damn close.