Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Bar Soap review will help you determine if it is a good quality bar of soap and worthy of purchase. I find soap amazing, as it can elevate your mood and make washing enjoyable and transformable. Oftentimes, a shower washes away problems, leaving us fresh and able to face the world with a whole new aspect. A quality soap can also help wash your soul and your body. Find out if Dr. Bronner’s Soap lives up to this standard.
Table of Contents
What Is Dr. Bronner’s Soap?
You have probably strolled through your local grocery store or big boxed store, seen this simple but colorful packaged soap, and wondered if it was any good. Well, I did and took a chance to see by purchasing a bar to see if I would like it over ten years ago. Initially, I knew I loved the scent, and later, when I used it, I fell in love with using Dr. Bronner’s Soap. It’s just great soap.
Some Key Features About Dr. Bronner’s Soap
- Certified Fair Trade
- Made with organic oils.
- Made with U.S hemp seed oil
- 5-ounce bar.
- Only all-natural ingredients
- Vegan ingredients
- No synthetic preservatives, detergents, or foaming agents.
- They are packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled wrappers.
What Else Do They Sell?
They sell a whole list of products.
- Lotions & Balms
- Hair Care
- Home & Laundry
- Hand Sanitizer
- Coconut Oil
Soaps Available From Dr. Bronner’s
- Peppermint – This is by far my favorite, as I find peppermint to be refreshing and invigorating.
- Baby Unscented – Truly unscented soap.
- Lavender – Very fresh and calming scent.
- Almond – A clean scent that smells of a fresh, cracked almond. This is my second favorite scent.
- Citrus – Light and clean, smelling of orange.
- Tea Tree
- Rose – It is a light rose scent, but I don’t think this is manly.
Ingredients Of The Soaps
Each of the different soaps will have a different list of ingredients due to the different scents available. I will post the list of ingredients for the All-One Hemp Baby Unscented Pure-Castile Bar Soap to give you an idea of the basic ingredients.
Baby Unscented Ingredients
Organic Coconut Oil*, Organic Palm Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide**, Water, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol
*CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS
**None remains after saponifying oils into soap & glycerin.
Are Their Soaps Any Good? Worth Getting?
On my journeys of reviewing grooming products that include a lot of other soap companies, I have found I always come back to Dr. Bronner’s soap, which is just high-quality and very affordable soap. You can purchase soap elsewhere and find lower-quality soaps for a much higher price. Dr. Bronner’s soap offer is hard to beat, and it is sold at most stores and online—an excellent soap for a great price.
I love using their soaps as they lather tremendously and clean the skin very well but without drying the skin out. I highly recommend checking them out both for the price and for the ingredients, as well as the fact that it’s just a great bar of soap.
These soaps are very worth getting and are very affordable.
What Is My Favorite Soap?
Dr. Bronner’s All-One Hemp Peppermint has been a favorite of mine for many years. I love having this soap on hand when I take a shower in the morning. The peppermint really helps to invigorate and wake me up in the mornings. I look forward to using it every time I step into the shower, and I know it’s in there.
Another favorite of their soaps is the All-One Hemp Almond Soap. It smells like almonds, which are very light and refreshing, and they smell very natural and clean—another great scent in their line of soaps.
Pros & Cons
- You can buy a six-pack of all their scented & unscented soaps on Amazon for a decent price—a great way to explore their scents and not spend a lot of money.
- Very affordable! With everything going up in price, this is still very affordable when compared to $12.00 bars of soap.
- High-quality ingredients. They use natural organic essential oils, and I find this to be the most pleasing scent as well. I can’t say enough about how well their products smell.
- It is made with organic oils.
- A very conscientious company for the environment, communities, and people. They have many programs in place to help the earth and people. Companies like these should always be supported.
- 100% post-consumer recycled bottles and wrappers.
- Soap can be used for both the body and as a shampoo. Many people use it as a shampoo as well.
- Easy to find! You can find many box stores and online places like Amazon that carry Dr. Bronner’s soaps.
- Longevity. It’s a hard-density bar of soap, which, at least for me, lasts a lot longer than softer bars of soap.
- Have an unscented soap for those with sensitive skin.
- Doesn’t dry out the skin.
- It can be found at most stores.
- As a guy, I don’t really like the rose-scented soap, but my wife likes it. It’s just a little too feminine-smelling for my taste.
How Does This Generally Compare To Other Soaps?
It’s a hard soap to beat. Great price, great ingredients, and great scents. The whole trifecta. It’s an excellent soap that lathers easily and gets you clean while smelling great. Most boutique soaps will cost you much more and might not smell as good. It ranks at the top when compared to other contemporary soaps out there.
Other Soap Maybe To Try
It is one of the best soaps out there, as well as Dr. Bronner’s Bar Soap. Sudsy Bear also uses the best ingredients and has a ton of amazing scents that are just fantastic and out of this world. This little-known company is quickly gaining traction. I wrote a full, in-depth review here if you would like to learn more about them: Sudsy Bear Soap Review.
The Final Thoughts On Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Bar Soap Review
In the world of soaps, this is a super great value! Try to find an organic soap for this price that smells this great; it’s hard to find. The good news is this is almost available everywhere. I’ve been a customer of theirs for at least ten years and have always enjoyed using their products.
I highly recommend getting some of Dr. Bronner’s Soap.
Any questions or comments are always welcome.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.