Long Lasting Whole Body Deodorant
I love finding unique grooming products to use and review, and today is one of those different products. In this Mando Deodorant Review – Does It Work? I will be going over why this is pushing the boundaries in the world of deodorants and helping you determine if it is a product you should buy.
I enjoy helping people by presenting a product’s positives and negatives to help them make informed decisions.
I bought the three deodorants in the picture below with my own money. I am not affiliated with Mando. I am affiliated with Amazon and make a commission on purchases through links on my site.
Table of Contents
What Is Mando Deodorant?
Mando claims it has Super Hero status in the form of odor protection of 72 hours. So, essentially, three days of protection from odor.
Wow! That is a lot. Mando’s deodorant is clinically proven to block body odor all day and continues to control odor for 72 hours.
It also states that it can be used on multiple body areas. Places like armpits, ball sack, butt crack, inner thighs, feet, or anywhere else you have an odor that you don’t want.
This is why I think Mando is very unique. I have often seen deodorants claim 24-hour protection but have never seen 72-hour protection.
Mando Deodorant comes in the standard 2.6-ounce underarm deodorant dispensers but can also be purchased as a cream in 8.5 ounces.
What Scents Are Available?
You have four scents to choose from, Mando.
- MT FUJI – Cool, peppery green leaf, eucalyptus, citrus, cedarwood, and wild mint.
- BOURBON LEATHER – Warm leather with bourbon vanilla.
- PRO SPORT – Freshwater elements with a blend of citrus (mandarin, lemon, and lime).
- Unscented – This was recently added to their lineup (7/13/23), and glad to see this.
Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ozokerite, Stearyl Alcohol, Isododecane, Isopentyldiol, Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder, Lauryl Laurate, Mandelic Acid, Sorbitan Oleate, Fragrance, Silica, Panthenol, Caffeine, Ethylhexylglycerin
How Well Does It Work? Do I Recommend It?
As far as odor protection, this works great. I went two days without washing it off, and it was still doing its job with no signs of letting up. I did not try the 72 hours, though, as I like taking showers and being clean. That, to me, is a little too long for me to go.
The deodorant is soft, and it applies evenly and smoothly. I have noticed that I go through softer deodorants much quicker than harder deodorants. I have only used this deodorant for two weeks, so I can’t say.
Scent Profile & Scent Projection
After wearing these three deodorants for two weeks, I only really liked one of the three scents – Pro Sport is the winner in my book. Maybe the other scents are more appealing to you, and I could easily conceive that point. As it often comes down to personal preference.
Pro Sport has a very clean and refreshing scent that doesn’t overload my sense of smell as much as the other two. This doesn’t project into your environment as much as the other scents do. I prefer skin scents as opposed to scents that project to a few feet around your body.
Bourbon Leather is blended very well and has a lovely leather scent that is better than some leather-scented colognes I own. I enjoy the leather scent but have a personal aversion to alcohol scents. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy my social lubricating drinks; I don’t like wearing them. If you are a fan of quality leather scents, get this.
I initially loved MT FUJI, but after a few hours of wearing it, I was burnt out. It has a unique scent profile that blends well but projects too much for my taste.
Unscented was recently launched on 7-13-23 and is a welcomed addition to their lineup of scents. I haven’t tried it, but I plan on purchasing this and giving it a go as I love the protection, but the other scents project too much and are strong-smelling. It is an excellent addition for sensitive skin, making it a better purchase option. I will update you when I get this scent, but I assume this formula has no scent.
The odor protection provided by Mando is terrific and would be hard to beat. I wished the scents didn’t project into my immediate area so much. It doesn’t project across the room, but a couple of feet for sure. Thankfully, they just added an unscented version.
Pros & Cons
- Options baby!!! Stick or cream. You can purchase a regular deodorant stick or a deodorant cream to apply to your body. Since this is a whole-body deodorant applied to specific areas like your feet or groin area, it might be easier to buy the cream.
- Baking soda free. Some people have a problem with baking soda on their skin. I do not.
- The plastic dispenser is made from 95% post-consumer recycled plastic. Earth friendly.
- Deodorant glides on smoothly and evenly.
- Vegan & cruelty-free.
- Doesn’t stain clothes. I wear black T-shirts at work and have never experienced staining on my clothes from this deodorant.
- It is a great deodorant to have on hand or use when traveling, camping, or anytime you are unsure when your next shower is coming.
- Has anti-chaffing properties.
- They offer an unscented version now. They recently added it, and I love that they offer this, as I find the other scents too strong and projecting. It is also for people with sensitive skin.
- Expensive. They were going towards the high end of what most deodorants cost. But with that added level of protection, it is possibly worth it.
- I’m not a fan of every scent they have, as I’m not too fond of the Bourbon Leather scent. I don’t prefer smelling like alcohol. Although I wouldn’t say I like this particular scent, it is still a quality scent that is complex and well-blended. It is just not my bag…baby.
- Scent projection. The scent projects from your body, and I don’t enjoy this aspect of this deodorant. I prefer a skin scent that doesn’t remind me and others around me of what I am wearing. I like flying low under the radar…unnoticed.
- Not the best list of ingredients. I am not a chemist or play one on TV, but many chemicals are in the ingredients list. So, if naturality is your game, I would search elsewhere.
- Limited scents. There are only three scents available at the time of writing this.
- A soft deodorant doesn’t last as long as a hard deodorant does.
- People have complained of skin irritations from using this product. I even commented on this particular page down below in the comment section. I did not experience any problems myself, but they are worthy of note.
Other Great Deodroants Worth Checking Out
For a hard deodorant that is very affordable and protects against odor, I highly recommend checking out Harry’s Deodorant. I have written a full review, Harry’s Deodorant Review – Worth Getting?
Native Deodorant has an amazing deep lineup of various scents with fantastic ingredients. It is an excellent deodorant for both men and women. To see more, head over to my post, Native Deodorant Review – Does It Work?
Tips & Questions
Who Makes Mando Deodorant?
Mando Deodorant is made by Lume Deodorant, which was founded by Shannon Klingman, M.D. Lume is focused on female grooming products, and Mando is just a separate company focused on men’s grooming products.
The Final Shave On Mando Deodorant Review
I am very particular about the scents I wear on my body. I judge on these merits, but I also understand other people have different preferences. In this Mando Deodorant review, I have found some of the scents enjoyable, but the scent projection on some is too much for me to handle.
Their recent addition of Mando Unscented is a game changer for me. I’d rather have no scent than the other overpowering scents from their lineup.
This is an excellent product for those people who can’t regularly shower or have other problems that need addressing. Still, it would also make an excellent everyday deodorant for your pits.
This is a high-priced deodorant, but you get 72 hours of protection. You’ll have to decide if it is worth that level of protection. I love the versatility of Mando as it can be applied to many areas of the body. Makes a great camping or traveling deodorant. Solid performance!!!
Any questions or comments are always welcome.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.