Long Lasting Whole Body Deodorant
I love finding unique grooming products to use and review and today is one of those different products. In this Mando Deodorant Review – Does It Work? I will be going over why this is pushing the boundaries in the world of deodorants and helping you determine if it is a product you should buy.
I enjoy helping people by presenting both positives and negatives of a product to better help them make informed decisions.
I bought the three deodorants picture below with my own money. I am not affiliated with Mando. I am affiliated with Amazon and make a commission on purchases through links on my site.
What Is Mando Deodorant?
Mando claims it has Super Hero status in the form of odor protection of 72 hours. So, essentially 3 days of protection from odor.
Wow! That is a lot. Mando it’s deodorant is clinically proven to block body odor all day and continues to control odor for 72 hours.
It also states that it can be used on multiple areas of the body. Places like armpits, ball sack, butt crack, inner thighs, feet, or anywhere else you have an odor that you don’t want.
This is why I think Mando is very unique. As I have often seen deodorants claim 24-hour protection but have never seen 72-hour protection.
Mando Deodorant comes in the standard 2.6 ounces underarm deodorant dispensers but also can be purchased as a cream as well in 8.5 ounces.
What Scents Are Available?
You have three scents to choose from Mando.
- MT FUJI – Cool, peppery green leaf, eucalyptus, citrus, cedarwood, and wild mint.
- BOURBON LEATHER – Warm leather with bourbon vanilla.
- PRO SPORT – Freshwater elements with a blend of citrus (mandarin, lemon, and lime).
Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ozokerite, Stearyl Alcohol, Isododecane, Isopentyldiol, Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder, Lauryl Laurate, Mandelic Acid, Sorbitan Oleate, Fragrance, Silica, Panthenol, Caffeine, Ethylhexylglycerin
How Well Does It Work? Do I Recommend It?
As far as odor protection this work great. I went two days without washing it off and it still was doing its job with no signs of letting up either. I did not try the 72 hours though, as I like taking showers and being clean. That to me is a little too long for me to go.
The deodorant is soft and it applies evenly and smoothly. I have noticed with softer deodorants I go through them much quicker than a harder deodorant. I have only been using this deodorant for two weeks so I can’t say.
Scent Profile & Scent Projection
After wearing these three deodorants for two weeks I only really liked one out of the three scents – Pro Sport is the winner in my book. Maybe for you, the other scents are more appealing and I could easily conceive that point. As it often comes down to personal preference.
Pro Sport has a very clean and refreshing scent that doesn’t overload my sense of smell as much as the other two do. This doesn’t project into your environment as much as the other scents do. As I prefer skin scents as opposed to scents that project to a few feet around your body.
Bourbon Leather is blended very well and has a nice leather scent that is better than some leather-scented colognes I own. I enjoy the leather scent but I have a personal aversion to alcohol scents. Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy my social lubricating drinks I just don’t like wearing them. If you are a fan of quality leather scents get this.
MT FUJI I initially loved but after a few hours of wearing this, I was burnt out on it. It has a unique scent profile and is blended well but it projects too much for my taste.
The odor protection provided by Mando is amazing and would be hard to beat. I just wished the scents didn’t project out into my immediate area so much. It doesn’t project across the room but a couple of feet for sure.
Pros & Cons
- Options baby!!! Stick or cream. You can purchase either a regular deodorant stick or a deodorant cream to apply to your body. Since this is a whole-body deodorant applied to certain areas like your feet or groin area it might be easier to buy the cream.
- Baking soda free. Some people have a problem with baking soda on their skin. I do not.
- The plastic dispenser is made from 95% post-consumer recycled plastic. Earth friendly.
- Deodorant glides on smoothly and evenly.
- Vegan & cruelty-free.
- Doesn’t stain clothes. I wear black t-shirts at work and have never experienced staining on my clothes from this deodorant.
- A great deodorant to have on hand or use when traveling, camping, or anytime you are not sure when your next shower is coming.
- Has anti-chaffing properties.
- Expensive. Going towards the high end of what most deodorants cost.
- Not a fan of every scent they have, as I’m not too fond of the Bourbon Leather scent. I don’t prefer smelling like alcohol. Although I wouldn’t say I like this particular scent it is still a quality scent that is complex and well-blended. It is just not my bag…baby.
- Scent projection. The scent projects from your body and I don’t enjoy this aspect of this deodorant. I prefer a skin scent that doesn’t remind me and others around me of what I am wearing. I like flying low under the radar…unnoticed.
- Not the best list of ingredients. I am not a chemist or play one on TV but there are a lot of chemicals named in the ingredients listed. So if naturality is your game I would search elsewhere.
- Limited scents. There are only 3 scents available at the time of writing this.
- A soft deodorant doesn’t last as long as a hard deodorant does.
Other Great Deodroants Worth Checking Out
For a great hard deodorant that is very affordable and protects against odor, I highly recommend checking out Harry’s Deodorant. I have written a full review here, Harry’s Deodorant Review – Worth Getting?
Native Deodorant has an amazing deep lineup of a variety of scents that have fantastic ingredients. A great deodorant for both men and women. To see more head on over to my post, Native Deodorant Review – Does It Work?
Tips & Questions
Who Makes Mando Deodorant?
Mando Deodorant is made by Lume Deodorant which was founded by Shannon Klingman M.D. Lume is focused on female grooming products and Mando is just a separate company focused on men’s grooming products.
The Final Shave
I am very particular about the scents I wear on my body. I judge on these merits but I also understand other people have different preferences. In this Mando Deodorant review, I have found some of the scents enjoyable but the scent projection on some is too much for me to handle.
This is a great product for those people that can’t regularly shower or have problem areas that need addressing but it would also make a good everyday deodorant for your pits too.
This is a pretty high-priced deodorant but with that, you get 72 hours of protection. You’ll have to decide for yourself if it is worth that level of protection. I love the versatility of Mando as it can be applied to a lot of areas of the body. Makes a great camping or traveling deodorant. Solid performance!!!
4 thoughts on “Mando Deodorant Review – Does It Work? Use It Anywhere????”
This is not a good product. I used this for three days. I broke out with a brutal rash. DON’T USE.
That doesn’t sound good, hopefully, it clears up fast for you. I know everybody’s skin is different and can react differently. Have you had this reaction before to other deodorants? I didn’t experience any skin problems using this deodorant maybe you are allergic to a certain ingredient. Thanks for sharing your experience Joe.
Does Harry’s stain your shirts like most deodorants?
No, Harry’s does not stain shirts. I typically wear black T-shirts and I have experienced zero staining from Harry’s or Mando. Plus Harry’s Deodorant doesn’t project scent like Mando does, the scent stays close to your skin. Hope this helps Anthony.