Is This Towel The Next Best Thing? Find Out In This Sand Cloud Beach Towel Review
So, in this Sand Cloud Beach Towel Review, I went out and purchased two towels to give them a try. If you are like me (a bit skeptical), you might have seen this towel advertised on one of the Social Media platforms and thought to yourself I wonder if this towel is any good? People there claim it is much better than standard bathroom towels or beach towels.
Let’s see how they do…
I am not affiliated with Sand Cloud, but I am affiliated with Amazon, and I will post Amazon links, which I will make a small commission on in this post. I purchased the two towels pictured below with my own money to review these towels properly.
Table of Contents
So…What The Freak Is Sand Cloud Beach Towel?
Sand Cloud has been featured on the Shark Tank TV show and was founded in San Diego. Sand Cloud makes beach towels, bath towels, sunscreen, and accessories. Towels can be ordered singly or bought in bundles.
Their towels sport stylish designs with colors and patterns. These towels claim to be sand-resistant, fast-drying, and larger than a standard bathroom towel. These towels take up less space and are easy to store and travel as they are considerably thinner.
Turkish cotton is used to make Sand Cloud towels. Turkish cotton is woven with longer fibers, which translates to a stronger, more absorbent, and softer material. This cotton becomes softer and more absorbent with each wash.
What Are The Sizes Available?
So, there are three different beach towel sizes to choose from at Sand Cloud for their beach towels.
I purchased two Sand Cloud towels (Swirl Turtle Teal Blue & Frydek). I have been using these two towels as shower towels. However, I have recently just taken these to the beach and will share my overall experience with that too.
Right out of the box, I was initially off-put by how thin the material is. These are thin, as I am used to thick, fluffy towels. This is just a heads-up, as it differs from the norm in this respect. Washing your Sand Cloud towels does make a difference as the material becomes softer and more able to absorb water. I did see improvements after washing the towels.
When drying off after a shower, the thinness is quite noticeable as well. Quite different than the standard fluffy towels, but the Sand Cloud Beach Towels still dry you off.
I like the length of the towels as some of our bathroom towels are smaller, and I have a hard time wrapping the towel around me when I’m out of the shower.
An Amazing Beach Towel
This is a great beach towel! This is a beach towel, and as a beach towel, I think it is far superior to other beach towels I own. I visited a local beach, the Kohler-Andrae State Park, near Sheboygan, Wisconsin. It was a great beach and park, by the way, and the towel performed amazingly.
Sand isn’t an issue at all when using a Sand Cloud beach towel. The sand easily shakes out. They very much live up to their claims of sand resistance. All I did was shake out the towel when we left, and the towel looked and felt sand-free.
The towels take up less space than a traditional shower towel and are even smaller than a standard beach towel. I easily fit these two towels into my backpack with plenty of room to spare. This makes for a much more hassle-free experience. These towels are very travel-friendly!!!
I appreciated how light and easy to pack these towels were.
These towels do not take long to dry out thoroughly. The thinness of the material allows air to pass through easily, allowing the towel to dry fully.
If you are looking for a new beach towel…Sand Cloud should be your first choice. With colorful and cool designs, this towel does perform all of its claims. It is a great towel that doesn’t take up a lot of room and dries super fast while keeping sand at the beach instead of taking it home with you.
Pros & Cons
- Very cool and interesting designs and patterns. Something is bound to catch your eye and resonate with you as far as graphic designs are concerned.
- 10% of Sand Cloud profits go to marine conservation, which is fantastic.
- Good quality fabric.
- You can often find deals.
- Very lightweight towels. These beach towels weigh just 12.8 ounces.
- The towel lengths are great. Even with my expanding waistline, it easily wraps around me.
- Towels are easy to roll up or fold and take up less space than traditional towels or beach towels. It makes it so much easier to transport to the beach than a much bulkier towel.
- It does work to keep your towel sand-free. Sand does not stay embedded in the Sand Cloud towel as it does with other towels. Sand rolls right off.
- Quick drying towels. Sand Cloud states 3x faster than old-school beach towels. I would tend to believe them as I have experienced a fast-drying towel.
- Easy to pack in a bag, backpack, or slung over your shoulder. Making them very travel-friendly.
- Multifunctional. It can be used as a beach towel, bathroom towel, sarong, blanket, tapestry, picnic blanket, scarf, or more.
- OEKO-TEX Certified dyes.
- Free of harmful chemicals.
- 100% Organic GOTS Certified Cotton.
- Sand Cloud has an exclusive line only found on Amazon here, Amazon Exclusives. These patterns are mostly just stips and solid colors. It’s worth a look, for sure!
- They also do collaborations with big names like Disney and Star Wars for unique designs.
- It was featured on Shark Tank.
- Many positive reviews about their products.
- Made in Turkey.
- The more you wash your Turkish cotton towel, the more absorbent it becomes. So essentially, the towel performs better the more you wash it.
- Huge selection of patterns and prints to choose from.
- Free shipping on orders $150+.
- Offers international shipping.
- 30-day return policy.
- These are thin towels. This was a shocker to me at first as I am used to thick and bulky towels, and at first, I didn’t really like it, but after using it for a while, I enjoyed it. It just took a bit for me to warm up to how thin these are. The thinness also allows for quick drying.
- Towels can be a bit pricey.
- It is highly recommended to wash your Sand Cloud first before using it.
Where To Buy Sand Cloud Towels?
How To Care For Sand Cloud Towels
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: We highly recommend washing your Sand Cloud towel before use:
- MACHINE WASH COLD
- DELICATE CYCLE
- DO NOT BLEACH
- DO NOT WASH WITH JEANS OR HEAVY-WEIGHT GARMENTS.
- HANG AIR DRY FOR BEST RESULTS IN SHADE
- TUMBLE DRY IF NEEDED
- DO NOT IRON
- DO NOT DRY CLEAN
Looking For A Better Washcloth?
Trying to find a related topic that you might also be interested in (as it is a good way to promote similar products), I highly suggest you look at this article, What Is The Best Washcloth For The Body? I highly recommend the best washcloth I have found in my many product reviews. It’s cheap, lasts long, dries fast, and provides excellent exfoliant. You need to get one of these!!!
Find out more here: Salux Washcloth Review.
The Final Wrap On Sand Cloud Beach Towel Review
While initially, I thought the cloth of the Sand Cloud Beach Towel was too thin, I later came to prefer the lighter material for its many benefits, especially on the beach. Sand Cloud lives up to its claims and is a highly versatile towel that can be used for a variety of different methods. I would much rather pay up for any item (as long as it performs) than settle for a subpar product.
Quality products and I highly recommend checking them out.
Any comments or questions are always welcome.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.