This post is all about what to put in a Dopp Kit. Dopp Kits are great tools for use every day or just when traveling. Having a fully stocked Dopp bag ready at a moment’s notice sure takes a lot of stress out of packing for a trip. In this vein, I would like to facilitate what to put in a Dopp kit to be prepared for travel.
Table of Contents
What Is A Dopp Kit?
Some might not even know what a Dopp kit is; it is pretty simple. It is just a container that holds hygiene and toiletry items, usually in luggage or duffle bags away from clothes. Another name is often toiletry bag.
Where To Find Smaller Travel Items?
There are numerous places where you can find smaller-size travel toiletries. If you don’t use small items, your Dopp Kit will quickly fill up, depending on how large your Dopp kit is, as there are small sizes as well as large Dopp kits. Look for items that say travel size.
- Drug Stores – Any good drug store will stock plenty of smaller-sized toiletries.
- Grocery Stores – Another place where to find travel items.
- Amazon – This is a great place to find essential and unique travel items in one spot and often sold in kits. Check it out here: Amazon Toiletries Travel Size.
- Gas Stations – Be prepared for high prices; these convenient stores will charge you more than anywhere else. But when in a pinch, they usually have some travel items.
Essentials Items For Dopp Kit
- Tongue Scrapper
- Comb and Or Brush
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hair Products – hairspray, pomade, clays, gels, etc.
- Beard Razor
- Beard Trimmer
- Shaving Cream
- Nails Clippers
- Small Scissors
- Soap and Body Wash
- Medications or Prescriptions
- Imodium AD or Pepto Bismol
- Ear Plugs
- $25.00 – You never know this could be a lifesaver.
- Some types of Pain Killer (Asprin, Tylenol, Advil)
- Breath Mints
- Small Pocket Knife
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hand Lotion
- Contact lenses and glasses
- Reading glasses
- Sanitizing Wipes
- Exfoliating Scrubbers – Think of a washcloth, but better because it dries fast and helps remove dead skin cells. I highly recommend the Salux Exfoliating Washcloth & Happy Nuts Body + Nuts Scrubber.
Other Items Maybe To Consider
- Back Shaver – Some back shavers fit pretty nicely into most Dopp Kits.
- Cologne – Many fragrance companies sell travel-size cologne atomizers, but you can easily transfer them to a refillable Atomizer if they don’t. Shop Refillable Atomizers On Amazon. Also, check out ALT. Fragrances: they have these fantastic Pocket Sprayers (the size of a credit card), plus they are only $19.00, and they make clones of expensive fragrances, which smell fantastic.
- Tide To-Go Stain Remover Pen
- Safety Pin
- Small Lint Roller
- Small Flashlight
- Miniatures Bottle of Alcohol – Great for easing nerves after a long flight or drive.
- Septic Pencil
- Neck Shaving Template – Small and very lightweight with this, and a razor will keep your neck hair game on point. Quality Time Neck Hair Guide Supremium Review is a good one to check out, and you can read more about it in the link provided.
- Sewing Kit
- Back-Up Phone Charger
Travel Size Or Regular Size?
Depending on how large or small your Dopp kit is (since Dopp kits vary greatly in size), this should dictate whether or not you buy the travel-size grooming products or the regular size since travel size is usually much smaller and lighter in weight.
After all, carry around your luggage or backpack; for most people, travel size is the right option. Thus making things much easier to transport.
Some Dopp Kits I Have Reviewed & Used
Do you need a Dopp Kit?
One of the Dopp Kits I have reviewed is the Habitoux Dopp Kit; you can check out the full review here: Habitoux Dopp Kit Men’s Travel Toiletry Bag. What I like most about this kit are all the different compartments to put all your items in while keeping everything organized.
Another one I have reviewed is the Komalc Premium Buffalo Leather Toiletry Bag Dopp Kit. This is a super thick and sturdy leather Dopp kit. That looks classic and can withstand years of abuse. I also love that it holds its shape and is rigid. There is also plenty of room to hold all of your goodies.
Read more here: Komalc Premium Buffalo Leather Dopp Kit Review.
Final Thoughts On What To Put In A Dopp Kit
Having a fully stocked Dopp Kit will make packing and traveling stress-free. Taking some time to prep before you have to travel will give you peace of mind. I hope this list has helped. Let me know if you think I missed anything.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.