Dopp Kits are great tools for using every day or just when traveling. Having a fully stocked Dopp bag ready to go at a moment’s notice sure takes a lot of stress out of packing for a trip. It is in this vein I would like to facilitate what to put in a Dopp kit to be prepared for travel.
What Is A Dopp Kit?
Some might not know even what a Dopp kit is, it is pretty simple. It is just a container that holds hygiene and toiletry items, it usually holds these items separately in luggage or duffle bags away from clothes. Another name is often toiletry bag.
Where To Find Smaller Travel Items?
There are numerous places where you can find smaller size travel toiletries. If you don’t use small items your Dopp Kit will quickly fill up, depending on how large your Dopp kit, as there are small sizes as well as large Dopp kits. Look for items that say travel size.
- Drug Stores – Any good drug store will stock plenty of smaller-sized toiletries.
- Grocery Stores – Another place where to find travel items.
- Amazon – This is a super great place to find essential and unique travel items all in one spot and often sold in kits. Check it out here, Amazon Toiletries Travel Size.
- Gas Stations – Be prepared for high prices, these are convenient stores and will charge you more than any other place. But when in a pinch, they usually have some travel items.
Essentials Items For Dopp Kit
- Tongue Scrapper
- Comb and Or Brush
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hair Products – hairspray, pomade, clays, gels, etc.
- Beard Razor
- Deodorant – If you want to try a great smelling all-natural deodorant I would highly recommend you check out American Provenance Deodorant Travel Size.
- Shaving Cream
- Nails Clippers
- Small Scissors
- Soap and/or Body Wash
- Medications or Prescriptions
- Imodium AD or Pepto Bismol
- Ear Plugs
- $25.00 – You never know this could be a lifesaver.
- Some types of Pain Killer (Asprin, Tylenol, Advil)
- Breath Mints
- Small Pocket Knife
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hand Lotion
- Contact lenses and/or glasses
- Reading glasses
- Sanitizing Wipes
Other Items Maybe To Consider
- Back Shaver – Some back shavers fit quite nicely into most Dopp Kits.
- Cologne – Many fragrance companies sell travel size cologne atomizers but if they don’t you can easily tranfer them to a refillable Atomizer, Shop Refillable Atomizers On Amazon. Also check out ALT. Fragrances they have these amazing Pocket Sprayers (the size of a credit card) plus there only $19.00 and they make clones of expensive fragrances, which smell fantastic.
- Tide To-Go Stain Remover Pen
- Safety Pin
- Small Lint Roller
- Small Flashlight
- Miniatures Bottle of Alcohol – Great for easing nerves after a long flight or drive.
- Septic Pencil
- Neck Shaving Template – Small and very lightweight with this and a razor will keep your neck hair game on point. Quality Time Neck Hair Guide Supremium Review is a good one to check out and you can read more about it in the link provided.
- LVL Neck Shaver – This works great for maintaining a clean and groomed neckline, check out my review here LVL Neck Shaver Starter Set Review and it easily fits into a Dopp Kit.
- Sewing Kit
- Back Up Phone Charger
Some Dopp Kits I Have Reviewed & Used
Do you need a Dopp Kit?
One of the Dopp Kit I have reviewed is the Habitoux Dopp Kit, you can check out the full review here Habitoux Dopp Kit Men’s Travel Toiletry Bag. What I like most about this kit are all the different compartments to put all your items while keeping everything organized.
Another one I have reviewed is the Bakblade Leather Travel Bag, you can read my full write-up here, Bakblade Leather Travel Bag Review. This one is very affordable and is made from leather and is a good solid Dopp Kit.
Ready To Travel
Having a fully stocked Dopp Kit will make packing and traveling a whole lot stress-free. Taking some time to prep before you have to travel will give you peace of mind. Hope this list has helped. Let me know if you think I missed anything.