Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Review: I hope to enlighten you and shed some light on this scent and its products. I’ve been a big fan of Dr. Squatch products for years, mainly because of their fragrances and ingredients. These are specifically formulated for men with natural ingredients and scent profiles.
What’s not to love? This post is to highlight what a fantastic product this is. Coconut Castaway is one of my favorite scents. It is that good. I have used and reviewed many grooming products over the years, but Dr. Squatch has been knocked out of the park with this scent.
I am not affiliated with Dr. Squatch. I am affiliated with Amazon and may earn a commission on links provided on this page. I purchase all the products shown on this page with my own money.
I Highly Recommend:
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Soap – This is one of the best soaps I’ve ever used. It smells great and leaves your skin soft. I highly, highly recommend it!!!
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Deodorant – Great scent and solid performer.
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Conditioner – This is a decent conditioner that smells good.
I Don’t Recommend:
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Shampoo – The Shampoo doesn’t have the same scent profile as the other products, and I didn’t particularly appreciate how it left my hair.
Table of Contents
What Products Does Dr. Squatch Offer In Coconut Castaway?
I purchased these four products to review thoroughly about three weeks ago. I have been using these every day to every other day to fully assess the quality of how it performs.
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Deodorant
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Soap
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Shampoo
- Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Conditniorer
It is super important to know what is used in the ingredients of any product you consume or place on your skin. Thankfully, Dr. Squatch uses 98-100% all-natural ingredients.
Overall, you can easily identify most of the ingredients and make a general interpretation of how natural the list of ingredients is.
Coconut Castaway Deodorant Ingredients
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tapioca (Manihot Esculenta) Starch, Stearyl Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Magnesium Hydroxide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Triethyl Citrate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Fragrance, Jojoba Esters, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lactobacillus Ferment, Charcoal Powder, Tocopherol, Maltodextrin
Coconut Castaway Soap Ingredients
Saponified Oils of (Olive, Sustainable Palm, Coconut), Shea Butter, Natural Fragrance, Coconut Shreds, Coconut Milk, Coconut Water, Titanium Dioxide, Kaolin Clay, Sea Salt
Coconut Castaway Shampoo Ingredients
Water, Decyl Glucoside, Aloe Barbardensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Gluconolactone, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Trehalose, Honey, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Citric Acid.
Coconut Castaway Conditioner Ingredients
Water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Gluconolactone, Trehalose, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Menthol, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Seed Oil, Citric Acid.
How Does It Smell? Do All The Coconut Castaway Smell The Same?
Once in a while, a new and irresistible scent comes around.
Yep, it is one of the best! This stands out after many years of reviewing soaps, shampoos, deodorants, etc.
Coconut Castaway is one of those scents.
As described by Dr. Squatch, this intoxicating scent smells like toasted coconut. This is a very natural, clean, and pleasant scent.
It does not smell like a cologne, nor does it project. There is a slight tangy, sweet coconut smell that is very pleasing. The scent is exotic, tranquil, and tropical.
This smells phenomenal!
This is the only product where the scent will last for hours compared to the soap, shampoo, and conditioner. I usually get anywhere from six to eight hours of where the smell lasts.
How long does the protection last?
I remain stink-free for 18 to 36 hours, depending on my activity level. This deodorant tends to go on a little too much. So, I swipe my pits a couple of times maximum.
This is a medium to soft-density deodorant. This means you can easily apply too much as it disperses on your underarms much easier.
The price for this deodorant stick is towards the middle to high side.
This is a banger of a scent, too! A real must-try!
This soap is cold-pressed, meaning it is the best way of making natural soap.
The soap is delightful and leaves your skin feeling soft afterward with no residue. So, it is gentle but gets you clean. This must be from the great natural ingredients. It forms a thick, rich lather easily.
This leaves my skin feeling softer, cleaner, and more hydrated. This is a very light exfoliant (desiccated coconut shreds that helps clean. Soap is offered at a good price, and I have seen worse soaps sell for much more.
The shampoo is a letdown for me, both in the scent and performance.
To my nose, the Coconut Castaway Shampoo smells different than the other Coconut Castaway scents. This is probably due to other scents and ingredients. I don’t like it as much as I do the deodorant, soap, and conditioner.
I use a lot of different shampoos, some high-end and some cheap. This shampoo is okay. It is not horrible, but I used better shampoo than this, and I recommend skipping this product.
The shampoo just left my hair more unmanageable and greasy. My hair didn’t feel clean after using it.
I like that Dr. Squatch makes the Shampoo bottle smaller than the Conditioner bottle. This translates to washing your hair less, especially if you have dry hair like mine. The Squatch promotes this, and I agree.
Thankfully, the conditioner smells and performs well.
To my nose, this smells more like suntan lotion—still a pleasant scent but slightly different from the soap and deodorant. I have dry hair, and this helps keep it hydrated and manageable. My opinion is the conditioner is better than the shampoo.
The conditioner rinses off easily and doesn’t leave excess residue. You can use this daily; it doesn’t make your hair greasy. I have suffered from dry hair almost my whole life, and this does a good job of bringing moisture back to my hair. This, in turn, makes it easier to comb and style.
Pros & Cons
- It’s one of the best scents I’ve encountered in years of reviewing grooming products.
- Dr. Squatch uses the international standard ISO 16128 methodology for calculating how “natural” an ingredient is. Their products fall within the 98% to 100% natural.
- Dr. Squatch’s website has an Ingredient Glossary to help you find out more about specific ingredients. This helps determine the actual ingredient (basically, simple terms).
- The scent is subtle and doesn’t project. I hate deodorants with scents that project, meaning that people standing close or around you can smell you from a distance.
- Very natural smelling and pleasant.
- Elevates your mood. A great scent lifts you up and renews you. This scent does that for me.
- I easily get 10 hours of protection from using this deodorant.
- The Coconut Castaway scent is uni-sex, as both men and ladies can wear it, even though Dr. Squatch markets this towards men.
- 100% Guarantee. Contact Dr. Squatch within 30 days of your delivery date if unsatisfied with the product.
- Any of Dr. Squatch’s soaps leave my skin feeling moisturized and clean.
- You can also buy the shampoo & conditioner bundled and save a few bucks.
- Affordable. This is compared to cheaper products with less quality ingredients and a scent profile. It falls within the price range compared to comparable products with higher quality (natural) ingredients and scent profiles.
- Sustainably sourced ingredients.
- Dr. Squatch has bundled a lot of the products together; this is helpful in two ways: saving you money and also helping you explore new scents.
- Sulfate & Paraben free.
- Deodorant is a medium to soft-density deodorant. This means it does not last as long as hard-density deodorant does.
- Dr. Squatch deodorants are soft-density and such; they can be applied heavily. I typically swipe twice to avoid this. This helps avoid wasting the product and expands its lifespan.
- I didn’t enjoy the scent of the shampoo as much as the other Coconut Castaway scents. It smells slightly different. It still smells good but is not as appealing as the others.
- I also didn’t enjoy how the Dr. Squatch CC Shampoo left my hair. It was more unmanageable and greasy.
How Does This Compare To Other Dr. Squatch Scents?
The most variation of scents is in their soap lineup. They have around 40 different scent soaps to choose from. They have 15 soaps in their standard soap line and more available through their various special limited edition collection (Spidey Suds, Harry Potter, The Avengers, Star Wars).
This ranks towards the top of Dr. Squatch’s scents they have available. Granted, I haven’t tried them all, but I have tried many of them. Dr. Squatch’s Pine Tar scents and the Coconut Castaway are their best scents. Both of these scents have their own unique scent profile that makes them stand apart.
I have also reviewed Dr. Squatch’s Soaps here: Dr. Squatch Soap Review -Unraveling The Truth -Is It Good?
Related Product Recommendation
A genuinely revolutionary grooming product that I have stumbled upon and ties very nicely with this review is the Salux Shower Towel.
This long washcloth has a texture woven into it to give a fantastic exfoliant experience. This dries super fast and never gets moldy or funky. This is becoming quite popular, and people are getting rid of their old washcloths and loofahs. It is also a must-try.
Final Thoughts On Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway Review
Three out of the four Dr. Squatch Coconut Castaway products I love. Shampoo, I didn’t enjoy the scent or the performance.
I highly suggest you try the Coconut Castaway Soap, Deodorant, and Conditioner. These are genuinely stand-out products with quality ingredients and fantastic scents.
I’ve been a big fan of Dr. Squatch products, and I think you will, too.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.