I will be giving a general idea of how to put on deodorant. While most people don’t even consider how to put on deodorant correctly, there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Believe it or not. So, in this post, The idea came to write this post came to me after reviewing many deodorants here on my website and realizing I was actually putting on deodorant wrong.
So, through trial and error, I corrected how I did things to improve my deodorant performance.
There a right and a wrong way to go about this. Applying deodorant wrongly can adversely affect the way it performs. Also, I will list some of the best deodorants I have reviewed if you are looking to make a switch.
Table of Contents
The Best Way To Apply Deodorant
- Clean Skin. Starting with clean skin is the number one step to apply deodorant properly. This can be either a shower, bath, or sponge bath. When soap is used, this process removes dirt and sweat from the whole body, not just the armpits.
- Dry Yourself Off. Use a towel to dry yourself before you apply any deodorant completely. You do not want wet armpits when applying deodorant, as the water makes it less effective. Take a few minutes after toweling off to completely air dry before applying deodorant.
- Put Your Shirt On First. Trust me…you want to put on whatever shirt, blouse, jersey, sweater, chemise, or turtleneck. Then, apply the deodorant. This accomplishes two things. Keeps the deodorant where it needs to be and doesn’t leave residue streaks on the sides of your shirt. That doesn’t look good either. This is super important, especially if the shirt is tight, as the deodorant will often transfer to the outside of the shirt when the shirt goes over the armpits. Leaving streaks of deodorant on the shirt and reducing the amount of deodorant actually on your armpits. So, put your shirt on, then apply deodorant next. Using the deodorant makes it a little more awkward, but at least it doesn’t spread where you don’t want it, and you are fully protected.
- Applying Deodorant To Both Underarms. Most people only apply the deodorant to where the hair grows but fail to cover all the sweat glands. So swipe usually, then circle that area with deodorant to ensure you have adequate coverage. This might mean applying more deodorant to your chest, back, and ribs.
- Have A Backup Stick Of Deodorant. Look, we sometimes forget to put on deodorant. So, why not have a backup in place at your job or gym? Over the course of the year, 4 or 5 times, I forgot to put on deodorant because it always felt like I was rushing to get to work on time. You can have it for emergencies or if you happen to forget it. You can leave it in your desk, cubby hole, locker, or wherever for the times you forget. You’ll be glad you did.
Other Related Pages You Might Find Interesting
Should Men Trim Armpit Hair? – Completely removing or even just trimming underarm hair can significantly reduce having stinky pits. Bad odor-causing bacteria love to cling to hair, and the hair gives them a good area to hang out. Less hair equals less sweat and stink. Learn about all the pros and cons of trimming armpit hair. Many benefits of trimming it, so take a look.
What Is The Best Washcloth For The Body? – I work at a factory that leaves my skin dirty with sweat, dirt, and grease. Dirt and grease that is often very hard to remove with your standard soap and water. This has transformed my shower game and taken it to the next level. I have found an exfoliating washcloth with head and shoulders above a standard washcloth, loofah, sponge, or back scrubber. One of the best grooming tools I have ever owned. Check out my recommendation!
Best Long Lasting Deodorant
Mando Deodorant– 72 hours of protection, that’s three days without needing to apply deodorant. This can be used on armpits, feet, inner thighs, and packages. Mando has four scents: Pro Sport, Bourbon Leather, Mt Fuji, and Unscented. This is advertised as having the most hours of protection.
Check out my full review here: Mando Deodorant Review – Does It Work? Use It Anywhere.
What’s The Best Natural Deodorant For Sensitive Skin?
Best Smelling Individual Deodorants
These are specific deodorant scents that I love!!! After reviewing many different deodorants over the years, I found that these scents left a very positive impression. These are some of my favorites and are highly recommended.
Native Coconut Vanilla Deodorant – The best coconut scent I’ve ever smelled on a deodorant. A unisex scent with vanilla is just simply amazing and addicting.
Native Sea Salt & Cedar Deodorant – An ocean-smelling scent that is also unisex, and I just absolutely love it.
Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Deodorant – This is an original scent that smells like pine, but a good pine mixed with other ingredients to make Dr. Squatch’s
Primal Life Organics White Coconut Deodorant – A more subtle coconut scent but still a winner with great ingredients.
Pete & Pedro Super Fresh Deodorant – This is a damn good-smelling deodorant! The scent is fantastically well-blended Eucalyptus and Spearmint, a unisex scent.
The Final Thoughts On How To Put On Deodorant
Putting on deodorant is relatively simple, and just by altering a few things, you can improve its performance and reduce deodorant staining your shirts.
My name is Dan and I am the owner and sole contributor to www.backshaverforen.com. I am the leading authority on back shaving.
I started this website in 2017 because I too deal with back hair and I want to help others. My website deals with everything with grooming. I only review products I actually own.