I will be giving a general idea of how to put on deodorant. While most people don’t even consider how to properly put on deodorant there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Believe it or not. So, in this post, The idea came to write this post came to me after reviewing many deodorants here on my website and realizing I was actually putting on deodorant wrong.
So, through trial and error, I corrected the way I did things to improve my deodorant performance.
There definitely a right and a wrong way to go about this. Applying deodorant wrongly can adversely affect the way it performs. Also, I will list some of the best deodorants I have reviewed if you are looking to make a switch.
The Best Way To Apply Deodorant
- Clean Skin. Starting off with clean skin is the number one step to properly apply deodorant. This can be either a shower, bath, or sponge bath. When soap is used this process removes dirt and sweat from the whole body not just the armpits.
- Dry Yourself Off. Use a towel to completely dry yourself before you apply any deodorant. You do not want to have wet armpits when applying deodorant, as the water makes it less effective. Just give yourself a couple of minutes after toweling off to completely air dry before applying deodorant.
- Put Your Shirt On First. Trust me…you want to put on whatever shirt, blouse, jersey, sweater, chemise, or turtleneck. Then apply the deodorant. This accomplishes two things. Keeps the deodorant where it needs to be and doesn’t leave residue streaks on the sides of your shirt. Which doesn’t look good either. This is super important especially if the shirt is tight as the deodorant will often transfer to the outside of the shirt when the shirt goes over the armpits. Leaving streaks of deodorant on the shirt and reducing the amount of deodorant actually on your armpits. So, put your shirt on then apply deodorant next. This makes it a little more awkward to apply the deodorant but at least it doesn’t spread where you don’t want it and you are fully protected.
- Applying Deodorant To Both Underarms. Most people only apply the deodorant to where the hair grows but fail to cover all the sweat glands. So swipe normally then circle that area with deodorant to ensure you have adequate coverage. This might mean applying more deodorant to your chest, back, and ribs.
- Have A Backup Stick Of Deodorant. Look, we sometimes forget to put on deodorant. So, why not have a backup in place at your job or gym? I probably over the course of the year 4 or 5 times forget to put on deodorant because it always feels like I’m rushing to get to work on time. You can have it for emergencies or if you happen to forget it. You can leave it in your desk, cubby hole, locker, or wherever for the times you forget. You’ll be glad you did.
Other Related Pages You Might Find Interesting
Should Men Trim Armpit Hair? – Completely removing or even just trimming underarm hair can greatly reduce having stinky pits. As bad odor-causing bacteria love to cling to hair and the hair gives them a good area to hang out. Less hair equals less sweat and stink. Learn about all the pros and cons of trimming armpit hair. Many benefits of trimming it so take a look.
What Is The Best Washcloth For The Body? – I work at a factory that leaves my skin dirty with sweat, dirt, and grease. Dirt and grease that is often very hard to remove with your standard soap and water. Believe me, this has transformed my shower game and taken it to the next level. As I have found an exfoliating washcloth that is head and shoulders above a standard washcloth, loofah, sponge, or back scrubber. One of the best grooming tools I have ever owned. Check out my recommendation!
Best Long Lasting Deodorant
Mando Deodorant -72 hours of protection, that’s three days without needing to apply deodorant. This can be used on armpits, feet, inner thighs, and packages. Mando has four scents Pro Sport, Bourbon Leather, Mt Fuji, and Unscented. This is advertised as having the most hours of protection.
You can check out my full review here, Mando Deodorant Review – Does It Work? Use It Anywhere.
What’s The Best Natural Deodorant For Sensitive Skin?
Best Smelling Individual Deodorants
These are specific deodorant scents that I love!!! Scents that left a very positive impression after reviewing many different deodorants over the years. These are some of my favorites and come highly recommended.
Native Coconut Vanilla Deodorant – The best coconut scent I’ve ever smelled on a deodorant. A unisex scent with vanilla is just simply amazing and addicting.
Native Sea Salt & Cedar Deodorant – An ocean-smelling scent that is also unisex and I just absolutely love it.
Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Deodorant – This is an original scent that smells like pine but a good pine mixed with other ingredients to make Dr. Squatch’s
Primal Life Organics White Coconut Deodorant – A more subtle coconut scent but still a winner that has great ingredients.
Pete & Pedro Super Fresh Deodorant – This is a damn good-smelling deodorant! The scent is fantastically well-blended Eucalyptus and Spearmint which is a unisex scent.
The Final Thoughts
Putting on deodorant is rather simple and just altering a few things you can improve its performance and really cut down on having deodorants staining your shirts.